Author Topic: Infinite Dungeons replacement or cracked version?  (Read 1677 times)

Legacy_keiyakins

Infinite Dungeons replacement or cracked version?
« on: September 30, 2010, 04:29:23 pm »

Is there either a free replacement for or a cracked version of the Infinite Dungeons module available? (And mods: if you delete this you are a complete and utter idiot. Copyright is meant to encourage art. If you're not going to make it available, it should not do anything for you, that it does is a major problem with the current implementation, NOT a feature. So **** off.)

Legacy_Fester Pot

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 05:05:36 pm »

Here you go. You can redownload Infinite Dungeons, as well as other Premium Modules you may have purchased. It's just that easy!

FP!

Modifié par Fester Pot, 30 septembre 2010 - 04:06 .

Legacy_keiyakins

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 05:16:08 pm »

Where's the crack? I never got a CHANCE to purchase it. And I don't give a **** about whatever legal bullcrap you want to pull out, if they're not selling it, it's perfectly moral to crack it. They don't lose anything.

I'll stop asking when they start selling it again.

Modifié par keiyakins, 30 septembre 2010 - 04:18 .

Legacy_Fester Pot

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 05:18:14 pm »

keiyakins wrote...

Where's the crack?

You don't need such a thing.

As long as you purchased it, you can continue to download the file as a free replacement to your other purchased copy. There is no limit on the number of times you can download the file and use it to play your previously purchased copy.

Also, it's a great idea to backup any of the previous Premium Modules you may have purchased in the past before the Bioware store stopped selling them. The link I provided gives you easy and quick access to each download of the Premium Module.

Also, to avoid any future confusion, make sure the account you are logged in as is the same account you used when you purchased the Premium Modules when they were being offered, otherwise the authentication that is built in to each Premium Module will not verify correctly.

keiyakins wrote...
Where's the crack? I never got a
CHANCE to purchase it. And I don't give a **** about whatever legal
bullcrap you want to pull out, if they're not selling it, it's
perfectly moral to crack it. They don't lose anything.
I'll stop asking when they start selling it again.

EDIT: Guess you're out of luck then. Your next option is to download and play the version that was created for FREE by the same author that created Infinite Dungeons. You can find it here.

FP!

Modifié par Fester Pot, 30 septembre 2010 - 04:27 .

Legacy_keiyakins

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 05:29:33 pm »

I. NEVER. PURCHASED. IT.

I WOULD if Bioware would TAKE MY ****ING MONEY but they won't.

Legacy_Fester Pot

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 05:33:29 pm »

As I already said,

Fester Pot wrote...

EDIT: Guess you're out of luck then. Your next option is to download and play the version that was created for FREE by the same author that created Infinite Dungeons. You can find it here.

You may also find more information regarding the Premium Modules here. Bioware is not responsible for Premium Module distribution. If you are that eager to let your voice be heard, you may do so on this thread found on the Atari website, who has the final say on Premium Module distribution as they were the publisher at the time such downloadable content was made available.

FP!

Modifié par Fester Pot, 30 septembre 2010 - 04:39 .

Legacy_olivier leroux

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 07:41:20 pm »

keiyakins, a lot of people in the community are mad about what happened with the Premium modules, you're definitely not the only one.

BUT...

As Fester Pot says Bioware is not responsible for their distribution and neither are the moderators here. Not very wise to insult them prophylactically before they even had the chance to say anything. If you'd like to prevent the thread from getting locked, maybe you should choose your words a little more carefully instead of being all aggressive about it (no matter if you self-censored all your curse words or not).

AND...

Noone is forced to sell you anything, neither by law nor by ethics. Even if someone refuses to sell you their goods, that doesn't give you the right to steal them. Unfortunately matters are not as simple as you might wish they were.

There's lots of free stuff on the Vault - arguably even better stuff than the lost Premium mods - that was donated to everyone who appreciates it just because the authors enjoy sharing it with you. So if you're fed up with the laws off capitalism, why not forget about Infinite Dungeons and try one of these instead?
':whistle:'

Taking a look at the comments and votes on this page might help you calm down, too.

Anyway, +10:wizard:  to FP! for being so nice and patient about it.

Legacy_keiyakins

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 05:48:35 am »

Theft, I'd agree. This is not theft. The /loss/ of something is why theft is wrong. It's not stealing a car. I'm making a perfect copy of a car without having any affect on your original. /THAT/ is a major difference and makes things not as simple as *you* think they are.

Also, I'm sorry. I was rather... aggrivated, yesterday, and I took it out on the wrong people. Having spent time trying to figure out where on store.bioware.com the premium modules were, then looking on the NWN site where the link still exists but it 404s, then doing more searching and figuring everything out, was INCREDIBLY aggravating. Would at least pushing a tiny patch to remove the ads be THAT hard, at least?

Modifié par keiyakins, 01 octobre 2010 - 04:53 .

Legacy_keiyakins

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 05:55:17 am »

In fact, aren't they not allowed to advertise them anymore either? So...

Legacy_jmlzemaggo

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 10:23:15 am »

It makes me feel very respectful when I see someone having the guts to apologize.

As well as seeing some people being nice and helping always.

Legacy_Nicotine Caffeine

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 11:22:41 am »

@keiyakins, if bioware (or whatever else is by now) doesn't want make more money with these games what else can we make??

Legacy_ShinsFortress

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 07:11:07 am »

keiyakins wrote...

Theft, I'd agree. This is not theft. The /loss/ of something is why theft is wrong. It's not stealing a car. I'm making a perfect copy of a car without having any affect on your original. /THAT/ is a major difference and makes things not as simple as *you* think they are.

Also, I'm sorry. I was rather... aggrivated, yesterday, and I took it out on the wrong people. Having spent time trying to figure out where on store.bioware.com the premium modules were, then looking on the NWN site where the link still exists but it 404s, then doing more searching and figuring everything out, was INCREDIBLY aggravating. Would at least pushing a tiny patch to remove the ads be THAT hard, at least?

Doesn't matter whether you *think* it isn't theft, because what you suggest violates copyright at the very least.  So it's not correct.  As far as the law is concerned, if Atari/Bioware/Obsidian/whoever don't want to sell it to you, you don't get to have it (legally).

I miss Infinite Dungeons a lot.  I did buy it when it was available, but it requires authentication which doesn't work so well now.

Legacy_Androrc

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 11:26:31 pm »

I thought authentication now validated regardless of anything?

Legacy_OldTimeRadio

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 05:39:22 am »

What I'm seeing on my end is that they initially authenticate but then there apparently is some second part of the authentication process which appears to be erroring out.  I toyed around with this in some very basic ways when it was working and there was definitely a machine on the other end of the wire which was going through the authentication process and giving everyone the nod to play.  It wasn't just erroring out in some way.  It was doing it "intentionally."  While part of that process is still happening, and based on the error message it gives, it seems like some other part of the process is not working anymore.

In the last few months there have been a lot of layoffs at Bioware and some notable folks like Stanley Woo and Georg Zoeller have left to pursure other opportunities.  I can't think of any actual dev for NWN who is still employed by Bioware/EA.  Anyway, my assumption is a die-hard at the company had been keeping that particular auth server going and had been very kind to us all by configuring it like that.  But that they're not there to tend to it anymore or something happened to the machine it was on.  That's just my guess, anyway.

Legacy_Androrc

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 03:13:28 pm »

And the premium modules we payed for won't work either then?

Modifié par Androrc, 08 août 2012 - 02:13 .