Author Topic: Looking for good modules/dungeons/adventures.  (Read 734 times)

Legacy_Reverend Pirate Dan

Looking for good modules/dungeons/adventures.
« on: August 24, 2010, 02:39:25 am »

I posted a question last night and got a reply so fast I couldn't believe it was actually exactly what I wanted.  So I'll push my luck and try for another win. 

I'm playing NWN with some friends from waaaaay back.  We used to play D&D when we were kids and now we live all across the country and are playing NWN.  We get pretty excited when we find old 1st edition modules to play.  We went through B2:  Keep on the Borderlands fairly quickly, but had a good time with it.  We tried B1: In Search of the Unknown, but found it brutally punishing and in now way a reasonable adventure  for a handful of 2nd-3rd level characters.  Maybe we were doing something wrong, but when our monk died from an insta-kill trap, we had no way to revive him.

So, what we have is a group of 4-8 people, most of whom haven't played D&D since 3rd edition came out, who get
together (online) once a week to play for two hours, looking for some good, low-level adventures.  If they are conversionsion of modules we played as kids, all the better, but that's not at all a requirement.  We really like systems that let us rescue dying comrades (probably the one thing we loved about In Search of the Unknown was that you could rescue a partner in the heat of battle) as well as systems that allow you to bypass long periods of travel (be it dragging your butt all the way back to town to sell stuff, or a post-resurrection attempt to run from town all the way back to the rest of the part in hopes of helping keep them alive where you weren't so lucky).  Beyond that, I think we're pretty willing to try whatever. 

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.
Dan

Modifié par Reverend Pirate Dan, 24 août 2010 - 02:17 .

Legacy_Bubba McThudd

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 05:48:07 am »

I'm not sure how my own mod would work in multiplayer, but if you enjoyed the original Diablo game, "The Lord of Terror - The Diablo Campaign" by Tolitz Rosel is probably the best dungeon crawl I have ever played in this game.  It's a pretty faithful adaptation of the original Diablo campaign, and should be fun in multiplayer.

Legacy_RangerSG

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 10:01:34 pm »

There's skeins of good MP modules. A Twisted Web is a pretty good choice. Siege of Shadowdale (AL1) is a solid mod in MP. I'm pretty sure Runes of Blood can be played in MP as well. The Aielund Saga can also be played in MP.

Legacy_Genisys

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 01:27:00 pm »

Well Reverend Pirate Dan, I think I know what your looking for then, and since you guys only play for 2 hours, this module would be perfect for you, as there are quite a few short adventures, geared specifically for small parties (less than 6 people).

It's not 100% finished, but you can play it for a long time before you reach the end, and if you like it, you can play some more, there are some added rooms for fun and testing too..

Axis CEP 2.1

Modifié par Genisys, 30 août 2010 - 05:39 .