Author Topic: Darkness over Daggerford help  (Read 1139 times)

Legacy_Morris The Grey

Darkness over Daggerford help
« on: August 08, 2010, 02:44:18 am »

I don't know where else to ask for help so I'll try here.

I am playing Darkness over Daggerford and I think I completed all the sidequests I could do. Now I'm supposed to go to another stage of the adventure I guess with 2 dwarves. They give me the impression that we are to leave the Trade Way area thus I went back and did the sidequests.

However there's a graveyard where the keeper/owner dude says that a body disappear from a tomb. Does anybody know if this is a quest? If so can you tell how to complete it? I tried looking forever for help with the sidequests but alas I could find nothing on the net. Other than that I think I might be close to finishing the module. Thanks.

Legacy_jmlzemaggo

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 08:34:40 am »

No memory, sorry. Wait for some better brain. But...
here is what I would do if it's not written in the walkhrough, a "work around" which goes for any time you're trapped in NWN, just by yourself 'Posted: go debugmode, and check if there is any "yellow trigger" in the area, 'meaning something should happen here. It could happen by other ways and means as well, without the need of a "yellow trigger", but still...
I forgot, you're not an unlucky Mac guy such as myself! Why don't you open DoD in the editor? It should be written there, somewhere... 'need to search as an elf I suppose, all of your keen senses wild open.
Unless some one with a decent memory pops up and helps you out before you could make any move on your own... which would be a pity...
I played DoD a long time ago, and you made think about taking another walk into it, since it rings a fine and pleasant bell... 
'hope that helps. I always do. Hope, not necessarily help.

Modifié par jmlzemaggo, 08 août 2010 - 07:57 .

Legacy_Morris The Grey

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 01:33:16 am »

Thanks for the advice. If you and or anyone else want to take the module for a spin I recommend starting a new character doing the prelude and chapter 1 of the main campaign. Try not to level up to 9th level. I did this for 2 characters and let some big 100 damage monster traps kill me and I respawn to lose xp. You could be over level 8 if you want but any less than 8 levels and the game levels you up which I dislike. Once you finish Chapter 1 the quarantine is over and your character could head to Waterdeep and then down to Daggerford.

I like to chain my modules so that they make a cohesive and logical campaign. Maybe some of you know some good Waterdeep modules where you could go to level 8 and then leave for Daggerford. After I finish Daggerford I will head back to Waterdeep and possibly do HotU or if not go back up to Neverwinter and finish the rest of the main campaign.

Legacy_Rad80

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 06:41:48 pm »

It's been a few months but yes, there is a quest there. If I recall correctly to take it you must go and talk to the coronary in the graveyard building.

I did HotU after Daggerforth and I'd reccomend it to anyone. the ending level is about right. I wouldn't go into the original campaign again though because, frankly, it would be WAY too easy. All the challenges in there are already easy but become trivial if you go there while your level is about 10 times what the designers expected it to be at that point.

Story-wise, there is continuity between SoU and HotU, as in everybody in HotU will talk to you as if you were the one who did the stuff in Undertide. Since continuity has appeal for you you might want to save HotU for when you'll do SoU. Unfortunately the leveling doesn't match well. You should reach level 15 in SoU but only if you do not use the henchman or summoned creatures (they reduce the XP you get and hence the final level that you will attain). I did SoU with all the subquests with the henchmen and finished at level 12, while HotU starts at level 15. I think there are a few modules out there that are supposed to bridge that gap.

Hope this helps!

Legacy_Dekinais

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 09:40:56 am »

I have a few questions about a quest of Darkness over Daggerford. Now I'm playing this module and I like it. The quest which I speak is about a creature called Metastakixx. I was sincerely impressed by this creature. But what was Metastakixx? A creation of a god? Created by a god who died? I did not understand very well the story, perhaps because my native language is not English. That's why I ask here.

Legacy_Dekinais

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 09:18:57 pm »

My questions have found the answer, so they are superfluous now. I think this quest was intended to be a tragic romance to enhance the dramatic atmosphere.