Author Topic: The Valen Shadowbreath thread :)  (Read 35748 times)

Legacy_Bondari the Reloader

The Valen Shadowbreath thread :)
« Reply #1215 on: July 17, 2012, 11:58:47 pm »

Hey, everyone! I think something's wrong with my latest playthrough of HotU, and I was hoping you could help me out.

I'm in the middle of my first Ch. 2 quest (Strange Town), and I stopped to have a chat with Deekin and Valen. When I tried to talk to Valen, the only option was to ask him the generic "How are you?", which I don't think is right. When I asked what he wanted to say earlier, he launched into his dialog about the Underdark that you get right when you exit the Seer's temple.

It's been a while since I last played, but I was sure you could talk to him during the first quest. Do I have to wait for him to talk to me first? Should I have talked to him before leaving Lyth Myathar? Is my playthrough broken, and if so, how far back do I need to go to fix it?

Thanks for any advice you guys can offer!

Legacy_mordy_was_here

« Reply #1216 on: December 18, 2012, 05:53:31 am »

If anyone is still reading this thread, I just released the Valen Flirtpack over at Petalsandthorns.com.

« Reply #1217 on: December 19, 2012, 01:45:17 am »

Mel213 wrote...

If anyone is still reading this thread, I just released the Valen Flirtpack over at Petalsandthorns.com.

This sounds cool! Is it new content, or a consolidation of various fixes, or possibly both?

Legacy_mordy_was_here

« Reply #1218 on: December 19, 2012, 02:07:50 am »

Bondari the Reloader wrote...

Mel213 wrote...

This sounds cool! Is it new content, or a consolidation of various fixes, or possibly both?

It's new content based around the concept of the Baldur's Gate 2 NPC Flirt Packs. The only fix that's currently in with it is the Deity talk, so you won't need that if you're downloading the flirtpack. I guess that makes it technically both? ':lol:'

Modifié par Mel213, 20 décembre 2012 - 04:39 .

Legacy_Exile Isan

« Reply #1219 on: December 27, 2012, 03:32:35 am »

Hey, everyone! I think something's wrong with my latest playthrough of HotU, and I was hoping you could help me out.

I'm in the middle of my first Ch. 2 quest (Strange Town), and I stopped to have a chat with Deekin and Valen. When I tried to talk to Valen, the only option was to ask him the generic "How are you?", which I don't think is right. When I asked what he wanted to say earlier, he launched into his dialog about the Underdark that you get right when you exit the Seer's temple.

It's been a while since I last played, but I was sure you could talk to him during the first quest. Do I have to wait for him to talk to me first? Should I have talked to him before leaving Lyth Myathar? Is my playthrough broken, and if so, how far back do I need to go to fix it?

You probably don't need this answered anymore, but I'll answer it anyway. What you are describing it normal. Valen or Deekin with have a random dialog (random as to which on talks to you) about the city and how it came to be here or the possiblity of enemy drow being there. Valen with have his first conversation with you after you complete the first quest and then rest.  

« Reply #1220 on: January 02, 2013, 07:44:13 pm »

Exile Isan wrote...

You probably don't need this answered anymore, but I'll answer it anyway. What you are describing it normal. Valen or Deekin with have a random dialog (random as to which on talks to you) about the city and how it came to be here or the possiblity of enemy drow being there. Valen with have his first conversation with you after you complete the first quest and then rest.  

Ha ha, thanks for the answer, though I did end up figuring it out. It had just been so long since I last played and my game was being glitchy in other areas that I wanted to make sure I hadn't done anything wrong. Thanks again! 'Posted

Legacy_Nmmumaw

« Reply #1221 on: January 08, 2013, 01:37:04 pm »

I was so happy to see that this thread exists, even if it it a bit empty =D

I've recently gotten back into NWN (particularly LAN multiplayer with my sister), and I remembered how much I love Valen! I downloaded Mel213's flirtpack too, and am powering through Undermountain (because can't leave Deekin out!) to get to chapter 2. Also I wanted to ask, is the Valen module mentioned at petalsandthorns still getting worked on, or has it been abandoned?

Legacy_mordy_was_here

« Reply #1222 on: January 10, 2013, 01:12:43 am »

Nmmumaw wrote...

I was so happy to see that this thread exists, even if it it a bit empty =D

I've recently gotten back into NWN (particularly LAN multiplayer with my sister), and I remembered how much I love Valen! I downloaded Mel213's flirtpack too, and am powering through Undermountain (because can't leave Deekin out!) to get to chapter 2. Also I wanted to ask, is the Valen module mentioned at petalsandthorns still getting worked on, or has it been abandoned?

Unfortunately, that's been adandoned. I have considered working on it myself, using what the old team left behind, but that would be a very large undertaking that I can't really commit myself to at the moment.

Hope you're enjoying the flirtpack!

Legacy_Nmmumaw

« Reply #1223 on: January 10, 2013, 10:59:56 am »

Thanks! Actually I have a question. How can I know if it's working right? Is there something I can check right away to see if it's in effect?

What I mean is, I got it all set up the way the instructions told me to (I think), and loaded up HotU Chapter 2, and got Valen in my party. However, I don't see any different options in speaking to him. I thought I'd read something about talking to the bartender in the Lith My'athar public house for flirtpack content, but when I click him, I'don't get so much as an auto response, let alone a dialogue window. Is something wrong? I wanna know before I put a bunch of time into playing through the campaign only to realize the flirtpack isn't doing its thing =<

Thanks for any help, and always for the awesome work for us Valen fans =D

Edit: Also, there was no notice about "missing resources" when I imported the .erf into the chapter 2 module, but there was one for chapter 3. Is that normal n' stuff?

Modifié par Nmmumaw, 10 janvier 2013 - 11:33 .

Legacy_mordy_was_here

« Reply #1224 on: January 10, 2013, 06:36:31 pm »

Just to be sure, you removed your nwm files right? Someone was having a similar problem over at P&T. Can I possibly get you to do a quick check by starting up a new chapter 2 game and then hiring him? You should see the new content immediately.

Legacy_Nmmumaw

« Reply #1225 on: January 10, 2013, 11:05:38 pm »

I did; I moved them to a folder called "backups" that was out in the main nwn directory, not the nwm folder.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and having my only alteration to the mod be importing the .erf for the flirtpack. I just tried a new chapter 2 game and got Valen into my party. I tried talking to him, and I still don't see any difference. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong =<

Legacy_mordy_was_here

« Reply #1226 on: January 11, 2013, 02:00:24 am »

Try this: ` DebugMode 1 --> dm_runscript aud_startflirts

Let me know if that pops up his flirt dialogue file.

Legacy_Nmmumaw

« Reply #1227 on: January 11, 2013, 07:32:34 am »

Yep, it popped up his flirt dialogue. Seems like the option for it just isn't showing up in the main choice window.

Legacy_Nmmumaw

« Reply #1228 on: January 11, 2013, 11:34:18 am »

Okay, so I tried re-reinstalling and made sure to get rid of all my custom content so I could start with a completely vanilla game. For the record, I'm using the GOG version of the game (1.69), dunno if that makes any difference.

When I installed the erf files, this is what I did. I pulled the .nwm files for chapters 2 and 3, renamed them .mod and put them in the modules folder. I pulled them into the toolset and imported the erf files. Then I saved. But instead of keeping them as .mod, I renamed them .nwm and put them back in the nwm folder. I made copies of all the original campaign modules and have them safe on a separate hard drive in case. I don't *think* that procedure should have a different effect than the instructions in the readme.

Just to make sure, I tried  starting a fresh chapter 2 game while it was a .mod file, by going through "other modules" in the menu, as well.

All the results are the same. I can access the dialogues using the dm_runscript aud_startflirts command, but there's no option to do it through his regular dialogue trees. I dunno what's missing or if my computer somehow borked the files when downloading them =/

Legacy_mordy_was_here

« Reply #1229 on: January 11, 2013, 07:44:38 pm »

I'm going to look into this today. Someone over at P&T is having the exact same problem. It's likely I screwed something up with the last update, though I have no idea what.

Edit: I've sent you the mod files in a PM over at petals and thorns. Try those out.

Modifié par Mel213, 11 janvier 2013 - 07:59 .