Bioware Archive V2 > Shadows of Undrentide Official Campaign

Pure Shifter or Shifter With Levels In Monk?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Legacy_Riverdaleswhiteflash:

I don't know. I've never played long enough to actually become a shifter or experience the Mind Blank.

What does it do? Should I be afraid of it? Do a lot of enemies use it in this game?

--- End quote ---

Mind Blank is a wizard spell that blocks all Mind-effecting spells. Monks don't actually have this. What they have is a permanent passive ability that does the exact same thing a Mind Blank would do for them, with the added bonus that it can't be dispelled. They only get this at level 20, so unless you're planning to play your Shifter/Monk to way past level 21, it's moot for you.

As for being afraid of enemies who have this, I don't really use anything it blocks apart from Weird or Phantasmal Killer. Though the enemies that are immune to mind spells also tend to have other less than convenient abilities.

Legacy_Empyre65:

There is one more thing: Druids can get Dragon Shape without Shifter.

Legacy_Guest_Faerunner_*:

Thanks for the advice, but it might be moot now. I don't plan on playing the monk past level 4, if I play it at all. =(

I also don't really want to become a Dragon for its own sake so much as you can become a Dragon as a Shifter and I figured since I would become a Shifter anyway, might as well go all out. Since it requires WAY too many sacrifices, preparation, and likely earlier game frustrations (as I would have to have very low stats in everything to get that Wisdom up to 30 by the epic levels), I might pass.

Thank you for the suggestion though. I might actually look up Druid Shifts.

Legacy_Empyre65:

In the Epic Character Builders Guild I linked earlier, there is a guide about Druids and a guide about Shifters, and a guide about the basics of character building. This should help, too: NWNWiki.

Legacy_MannyJabrielle:

HotU only takes you up to level 28.  You won't be able to get dragonshape with that limitation.  The *best* you'd be able to do is 29 wisdom (which is still a point short of dragon shape, and no extra feats for actually taking dragonshape even if you had the 30 wisdom).

HotU's also a rather high magic campaign, so I  would say don't worry TOO much about maximizing your pre-epic BAB. I would even consider a druid/fighter/shifter combo... 4 fighter instead of that 4 monk, get 4 APR, weapon specialization if you decide to focus on a specific shape.

Or you could do a magic-shifter....  You can pick up outsider shape for 25 wisdom.  Also take maximize spell or empower spell (or both!) and with rakshasa shape, you'll have unlimited empower and/or maximized ice storms.  Rakshasa's also immune to 8th level spells and lower, so you only gotta worry about a very small number of spells being thrown at you in the last part of the campaign.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version