Author Topic: How to generate high player numbers and maintain them  (Read 1966 times)

Legacy_Imperator

How to generate high player numbers and maintain them
« on: March 14, 2016, 08:43:38 pm »

Hi, this is more of a general question for people who play the game. If you had to guess what the most successful approach to a PW would be in terms of leveling and hooking players into a server, what would it be?

I've always been under the assumption that people prefer to have a banking system in case they mess up their character and have to redo, and also having a re-leveler in general in case they didn't necessarily screw up the starting stats. I'm a lazy person and I -hate- re-leveling characters because of a minor mistake.

I also am a player who doesn't really like leveling, however I don't mind if the process can be expedited or is made to be enjoyable by some means of intrigue. I typically can tolerate leveling if it only takes 2-5 hours max to get to level 40.. anything beyond that I see as  tedious and boring.

But really, what do people prefer, and what do you think makes a server have consistent numbers? I know there are a lot of variables and facets that go into it, but I just want to focus on leveling and they ways people get their characters to maximum level and efficacy. What types of servers are the most successful at garnering high numbers of players. What is it that draws them, is it just one thing or multiple things?

Legacy_kalbaern

How to generate high player numbers and maintain them
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 11:13:55 pm »

There's no single correct answer for your question. more importantly than trying to find what other folks would want is creating a PW that matches your own preferences. If you don't enjoy what you've built, then you'll soon lose heart and abandon the project. Build and host what you think is fun and over time you'll attract folks of a like mindset.