Author Topic: Current Playerbase  (Read 3114 times)

Legacy_Avonos the Rogue

Current Playerbase
« on: January 16, 2011, 09:08:07 am »

So I've read that Steam helped boost the NWN2 numbers sometime recently.  Is there a reliable source for player count or demographics yet?  Or, are we just stabbing in the dark here?

I'm still working on something, but at this point, it could be applied to either game.  I love the idea of being able to push content in NWN2, but at the same time I think NWN1 is my favorite still.

Whatever the case, any solid numbers would be great to see for these two games.

Cheers

Avonos

Legacy_ehye_khandee

Current Playerbase
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 12:51:15 pm »

What barometrics there are seem to indicate NWN1 reaches at least twice the number NWN2 does at present.

Be well. Game on.

GM_ODA

Legacy_Balduvard

Current Playerbase
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 07:00:36 pm »

On the right hand side of BioWare's website, there is a box containing the current online active player count (1,258 as of this post).

On Steam's statistics page you can see the Top 100 games by active player count, which is any player actively connected to Steam with the game running but not necessarily playing the game online (1,526 as of this post).

Xfire reflects 354 users playing NWN2 and 228 playing NWN (no indication of online/offline).

Of the above numbers, BioWare's website is most accurate for online player count (any player currently connected to a server through their Master Server, most likely), while Steam is as close as we can get to an idea of online player count though it includes anyone playing offline as well while still connected to Steam. The recent Steam release certainly boosted the amount of copies of the game in circulation, though there is not much data on exactly how much that has increased the online playerbase for NWN2.

Modifié par Balduvard, 16 janvier 2011 - 07:01 .

Legacy_Inayity

Current Playerbase
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 07:25:21 pm »

Great links, Balduvard. 

Legacy_Avonos the Rogue

Current Playerbase
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 09:29:40 pm »

Oh very nice.  Ty for the links Balduvard.  I didn't even think about the Bioware site, I guess closed doesn't mean gone.  So from the look of things, NWN2 may have passed NWN in online play finally.  Good to see there is still interest in NWN*.