Author Topic: Flickering Screen Issue  (Read 5405 times)

Legacy_idjehg1

Flickering Screen Issue
« on: February 03, 2012, 08:49:36 pm »

NWN 1 plain, 1.69
English
Retail CD/ROM
Processor: Intel Core 2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00Ghz x2
RAM 2GB
Video card: ATI Mobility FireGL V5250; RAM 256mb
Windows 7

I have installed the game correctly according to the methods prescribed on this forum. My problem is that the screen flickers/blinks/whatever you want to call it incessantly. It doesn't uniquely affect the homescreen--I have tried playing into the OC prelude. The "flickering" does not however affect the opening logo screens (Atari, etc) nor the opening movie.

This is some of what I have tried:

Reinstallation, restarting, turning off all in-game, optional graphic features, adjusting both the game's and my desktop's resolution, setting graphics detail to "fast", adjusting client CPU affinity from 0 to 1 (in nwnplayer.ini file). I searched for an upgrade to my video card, and I was told that none were available, it is fully upgraded.

Does anyone have any insight into this problem?

Modifié par idjehg1, 03 février 2012 - 08:59 .

Legacy_Gorath Alpha

Flickering Screen Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 01:02:11 am »

That is not a gaming video graphics card, which probably is the problem.  You probably need a different adapter than that one.  Here are what the original requirements called for in that regard:

Diamond Premium Collection?

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

* Windows ME/98 128 MB RAM
   * Windows XP/2000 256 MB RAM
   * 800 MHz or faster Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor
   * 8x CD/DVD-ROM Drive
   * 3.8 GB free hard disk space
   * 32 MB Open GL 1.2 compatible video card with Hardware T&L
   * DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
   * DirectX 8.1 (included)
   * Keyboard, Mouse

Legacy_idjehg1

Flickering Screen Issue
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 05:20:50 am »

Hmm ok. Well I don't have the Diamond Premium version, if that makes a difference. For this adapter, is this something that I can search for and download online?

Legacy_Gorath Alpha

Flickering Screen Issue
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 11:59:15 am »

I've never tried keeping up with any of the production cards from either of the leading 3D graphics companies.  If that (had been) a desktop after all, the requirements in a normal card are so simple, you (could) find an old, used card to use with the game, even a plain old "PCI" instead of AGP or PCIe would (have) work(ed).  I know, other games you have won't like the old gaming card much . . well, forget that.  

You have a quite old laptop, long since ready to discard for something more up to date.  Maybe someone else might have a suggestion, I've certainly been no help, sorry.