Author Topic: The birth of a new server, “The Dragons Neck”, circa 2013.  (Read 2792 times)

Legacy_Dragons Neck

The birth of a new server, “The Dragons Neck”, circa 2013:

A few years ago a close friend and I began working on the creation of a server. We quickly learned that it was a very time consuming and difficult task to complete! To help us move at a faster pace we enlisted the aid of several other talented individuals and as a result our production sky rocketed. We worked for many months creating area after area however we later lost all of our staffing and were once again reduced to two… We began to work at a snail’s pace and at times lost hope that we would ever be able to get our server to a point where we could submit it to the public. Later game spy went down and we painfully decided that perhaps it’s time to throw in the towel…

But with great excitement I’m here to tell you that we did not quit! And though we are not finished adding content, we feel we have reached a level where we can now allow others to experience this beautifully built server, our gift to you.

A unique fresh style of server hosting:              

TDN is an amazingly detailed world with over 700 stunning areas to explore riddled with cities, towns, and dungeons. Not only do we offer a visual experience a cut above the rest but we do things a bit differently
here at TDN. We only host the server for open role play on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and additionally, 1-2 times a week, we host a fully DM ran campaign which we schedule at different times each week based on when the majority of our members are available (information regarding availability is posted by members on our forum that is then used to schedule weekly campaigns.) Roughly 90% of your experience will be gained from role playing in the DM ran quests. If you wish to have your character make a lasting effect on the server please
try to be available for these role playing sessions

Our second role play session is scheduled for Thursday January 31st, at 3:00pm PST. Please join us!

Our Next role play session is not yet scheduled but will be posted on our forums when it is, It will most likely be sometime mid next week. (first week of Feb)

The following information is a general basis for TDN:

---Server Information---

Server Type: Heavy RP/P.E.W (Persistently Evolving World)
Leveling Pace: Slow, 1-20; RP XP will be higher than dungeoning XP.
Magic Level: Low
Setting: Forgotten Realms
Hak Paks: CEP, also includes several compilation .haks; found here.
Direct connect info: 173.51.59.49

Mission: The Dragon's Neck expects to ignite an emotional attachment with our playerbase. Utilizing an artistically built World, players will come to thrive in a portion of the Realms that is not often featured in campaigns.

We consider ourselves a "P.E.W" on the basis that any player should one day have an effect on the World. Given that the desires fit in with the setting, there are no other barriers to the possibilities in this world. Please
read the following thread for more specific information about our server.

A few pictures of our server:

'Image

'Image

'Image

'Image

'Image

Modifié par Dragons Neck, 02 février 2013 - 04:50 .

Legacy_WebShaman

The birth of a new server, “The Dragons Neck”, circa 2013.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 10:16:13 am »

Nice pics, obviously a lot of love went into the building.

One thing disturbs me though - your character personalization possibilities seem very outdated!  You have the old "Bioware" hands - bleh!  I can't quite tell, but I also think you do not seem to have colorized lips and eyes for faces.  I am wondering if you have used any VFXs available for personalizing characters...like hats, eyepatches, hoods, etc.

Just one of my personal petpeeves, I guess.  I am very picky about characterization.

Legacy_Dragons Neck

The birth of a new server, “The Dragons Neck”, circa 2013.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 11:36:32 pm »

WebShaman wrote...

Nice pics, obviously a lot of love went into the building.

One thing disturbs me though - your character personalization possibilities seem very outdated!  You have the old "Bioware" hands - bleh!  I can't quite tell, but I also think you do not seem to have colorized lips and eyes for faces.  I am wondering if you have used any VFXs available for personalizing characters...like hats, eyepatches, hoods, etc.

Just one of my personal petpeeves, I guess.  I am very picky about characterization.

Which .haks are you referring to? (That modify the visuals)

In any case, all of those can be modified using Overwrites from the individuals joining the server which obviously is fine. That being said, if there are some that seem appropriate, they can be added in at a later date. I am fairly confident that the overall quality of the server will seem more important than the detailed aesthetics of the PC's themselves. (However it is something to examine for the future as mentioned.)

I hope you come by and take a look in any case.

To remind everyone, our third campaign quest will take place Tuesday, February 5th (tomorrow) at 12:00pm PST (noon). Please come by to join in!

Modifié par Dragons Neck, 05 février 2013 - 12:39 .