Author Topic: NWN Omnibus: Offline search tool for select legacy BioWare forums, documents, CCG, Lexicon and more.  (Read 3109 times)

Legacy_the.gray.fox

Great idea, OldTimeRadio!

-fox

Modifié par the.gray.fox, 20 juin 2011 - 01:06 .

Legacy_Vivienne L

I'm glad you got it working, Calvin.   Please, tell me which one is the bin file?  I see 2 "application" files, a batch file, and 2 files that seem to be related to linux which are irrelevant to us right now.  I uninstalled and then reinstalled java32 to (c:java6-32) then I copied and replaced with this:          :proceed
set libclasspath=%libclasspath%;.\\lang start /b C:\\java6-32\\bin\\javaw.exe -Xmx256m -cp %libclasspath% -Djava.library.path=lib net.sourceforge.docfetcher.DocFetcher %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9      
to the batch file but It's still not working for me.
I also changed the "LastIndexedFolder" line in user.properties like FailedBard says above but still no go.  If I run the batch file it seems to open a console window for one split second and then nothing.

Legacy_Calvinthesneak

docfetcher.bat

@echo off

set libclasspath=

for %%f in (.\\lib\\*.jar) do (call :append_classpath %%f)
for %%f in (.\\lib\\windows\\*.jar) do (call :append_classpath %%f)
goto :proceed

:append_classpath
set libclasspath=%libclasspath%;%1
goto :eof

:proceed
set libclasspath=%libclasspath%;.\\lang
start /b C:\\java6-32\\bin\\javaw.exe -Xmx256m -cp %libclasspath% -Djava.library.path=lib net.sourceforge.docfetcher.DocFetcher %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

That's the only thing I changed, after I installed my java platform off my root directory. I still even have my x64 version of java in the standard directory.

I simply execute the docfetcher-daemon-win.exe file and it runs.

EDIT:  I installed the JDK actually since I tend to mess with java a fair bit.
jdk-6u26-windows-i586.exe

Modifié par Calvinthesneak, 21 juin 2011 - 02:33 .

Legacy_Vivienne L

Thanks, Calvin.  That's exactly what my docfetcher.bat  looks like but when I run docfetcher-daemon-win.exe, it seems to open for a split second and then I don't see anything although it seems to be running in the background because it's listed as running in the processes in the task manager.  I also left my x64 version of java untouched.  I'm going to try and install the version of java you installed and see what happens.

Legacy_Vivienne L

Nope, nothing seems to work for me as yet!

Legacy_Calvinthesneak

Hmmm are you running the daemon as administrator? might not hurt to try compatibility mode as well for it.

EDIT: Hmm interesting.  I actually have to run the batch file first then the daemon before it runs.

Modifié par Calvinthesneak, 21 juin 2011 - 11:50 .

Legacy_Vivienne L

Thank you, Calvin!  Running the batch file and then the daemon file actually made it work!! Thanks!  Now back to reading the old posts!

Legacy_SuperFly_2000

When I unpack the 7z file at my home XP computer...(tried both 7z and Winrar and multiple downloads) it doesn't go all the way...starts giving out errors close to the end.

At work, a win7 computer, the unpacking worked nicely but then the program doesn't start...

'Posted

Modifié par SuperFly_2000, 30 août 2011 - 08:01 .

Legacy_SuperFly_2000

I am looking through the raw data files now. The forums mainly. Is there a way to make sense of the scripts in the former "code" windows?

Wishing people wouldn't have used thoose right about now lol....

Legacy_OldTimeRadio

Superfly, I don't know what's going on for you.  I don't have Windows 7...yet...and so I just can't comment.  I think 7-zip allows you to test an archive when you open it so you might try that, though if it unpacks on one machine it should unpack on all. 

As far as the scripts from the scripting forum and their representation in html...I don't know how you can address that.  If you were good with parsing the files (say with something like Perl) you might be able to reconstruct their original look if the files retain the spaces and newlines in the original web pages.  Or something like that.

Sadly, as handy as the Omnibus is it only goes so far when it comes to displaying certain things.  I actually did a find and replace on huge portions of the html files (something teeny, I can't remember what) but if you have the time feel free to play around with changing them.  You could definitely clean up the data more and possibly bring back some sense into the quoted scripts.  Possibly.

Modifié par OldTimeRadio, 01 septembre 2011 - 02:25 .

Legacy_OldTimeRadio

I was just able to check on a Windows 7 machine and I had no problem extracting it and getting it going.  You might want to make sure your Java is set up correctly.  I had installed Java on a Windows 7 machine had used the 64-bit version, but found some of my Java apps were pretending like Java wasn't installed.  I uninstalled that and installed the 32-bit version of Java and they all magically started working just fine.

Ah, here we go- Docfetcher says it doesn't work with 64-bit Java.  If you need 64-bit Java installed for some app, it might be the case that both versions can be installed at the same time, but you'd have to look into that- I don' t know.

Legacy_Jez_fr

Im not adding anything constructive here, but thanks for doing this OTR (I thought I did, but no, so here ^^)

Legacy_Vivienne L

This is an awesome tool; I refer to it constantly! Yes, the scripts are all without spaces and seem jumbled together, but I usually fix that after copying them into the toolset, because I alter some of them, anyways, it's much easier than writing my own scripts!!  Why reinvent the wheel?!  Most ideas  about doors and waypoints and triggers seem to be thought about before me by others and they've done the hard work of scripting them for me!  Thanks to all the contributors and to OldTimeRadio for this awesome tool!
Superfly, I had the same problem in Win7 about the program not starting, but I followed Calvin's instructions above very carefully and it finally worked!

Legacy_Vivienne L

Trying to delete this post...

Modifié par vivienne.l, 22 mars 2012 - 10:33 .

Legacy_Vivienne L

To run Omnibus in Win 7 64 bit:
Both versions of java can be installed, at least
that is my experience but install the 32 bit java version in C:\\
directly instead of having it install itself in C:\\Program Files (x86)
because docfetcher does not seem to work otherwise.  Here are Calvin's
instructions again:

Calvinthesneak wrote...

docfetcher.bat

@echo off

set libclasspath=

for %%f in (.lib*.jar) do (call :append_classpath %%f)
for %%f in (.libwindows*.jar) do (call :append_classpath %%f)
goto :proceed

:append_classpath
set libclasspath=%libclasspath%;%1
goto :eof

:proceed
set libclasspath=%libclasspath%;.lang
start /b C:java6-32binjavaw.exe -Xmx256m -cp %libclasspath% -Djava.library.path=lib net.sourceforge.docfetcher.DocFetcher %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

That's the only thing I changed, after I installed my java platform off my root directory. I still even have my x64 version of java in the standard directory.

I simply execute the docfetcher-daemon-win.exe file and it runs.

EDIT:  I installed the JDK actually since I tend to mess with java a fair bit.
jdk-6u26-windows-i586.exe

Modifié par vivienne.l, 22 mars 2012 - 10:21 .