Author Topic: NWN Omnibus: Offline search tool for select legacy BioWare forums, documents, CCG, Lexicon and more.  (Read 3104 times)

Legacy_OldTimeRadio

'Posted

View the introduction on YouTube, HERE. Download HERE at NWVault.
Requires about 500 megabytes of free space.  Runs from hard disk or USB drive and under Windows and Linux.

What is the NWN Omnibus?
It is an attempt to gather the majority of NWN reference material together in one place and allow very quick keyword searching against all of the documents at once.  It includes reference documents as well as all threads from selected forums(see below for complete list).

Who is going to get the most out of the NWN Omnibus?
Any NWN Custom Content creator or NWScripter who finds themselves frequently searching through the old BioWare forums using Google, the NWN Lexicon or the BioWare "For Developers" documents for specific topics.  Since so much raw information is available for searching, those who will get the very most out of the Omnibus are individuals who already have a decent working knowledge of how Custom Content and NWScript work but who often find themselves needing to look up specific keywords or topics to further advance their pursuits.

What information does this release of the NWN Omnibus contain?
2DA 169 - All 575 .2DA files, current to the 1.69 release

3DS Max Export Scripts - BioWare 3DS Max export scripts documentation, which includes a good deal of information on NWN Custom Content in general.  Downloadable separately here

BioWare For Developers - All 22 documents covering NWN file formats (and other things) from this page

BioWare Forums - Offline archives of the following forums from the old BioWare website, each thread in its own .HTML file.  The following full forum archives from the old BioWare site are included in this release (followed by the number of searchable threads from each):

NWN Custom Content (ARCHIVE) - 17,000
Custom Content - 3,567
Scripting - 15,194
Toolset - 4,907
BioWare News Discussion -1,372
For Developers - 988
Server Admin - 5,788

Also Stickied threads for 21 forums (all of the forums above and more)

Custom Content Guide 3.0 - The "Bible" of Custom Content.  Downloadable separately here.

GMax & Maxscript Help - Help files for GMax (3DS Max 4) and Maxscript, downloadable separately here

Lexicon 169 - The "Bible" of NWScript (and many, many other things as well!), downloadable separately here

Tileset Construction - BioWare's NWN Tileset Construction Tutorial, downloadable separately here.  I don't include any of the files, just index the information.

TXI - Every TXI officially released by BioWare as part of their content, segregated by the bif they were found in.  Extremely useful for looking up how certain TXI commands were used by BioWare and whether other commands or setting were typically paired with them.

Legacy_Estelindis

Thank you very much.  :-)

Legacy_WebShaman

*gives OTR a slice of awesomeness pie*

Thank you for stepping up at a time like this and delivering this gem to the Community.

Legacy_WebShaman

*gives OTR a slice of awesomeness pie*

Thank you for stepping up at a time like this and delivering this gem to the Community.

Legacy_OldTimeRadio

Heh heh, you're very welcome!  It's actually you folks, the community, that made it possible with your thousands of threads and replies. 

If anyone is interested in getting this thread or this thread and the one in the CC forum stickied, please drop a note of support HERE. I would really appreciate it because I don't have the time to make sure it's regularly kicked so people can see it. 

Here's to a long(er) life for Neverwinter!

Modifié par OldTimeRadio, 16 juin 2011 - 02:15 .

Legacy_Failed.Bard

I just recommended it for stickying here, but the more recommendations the better.

Legacy_OldTimeRadio

Ha, we were posting at the same time!  Thanks, Failed.Bard!

Legacy_Vivienne L

Has anybody got this working in windows 7 64bit?  I was practically living (LOL) on the old forums; I knew I couldn't post but I'm such a latecomer to nwn that I always found answers to my questions there, and now bioware has removed them!! My only hope now is this program which isn't working and yes I've installed both 32 bit and 64 bit java versions and read the troubleshooting posts over at sourceforge but no luck so far.

Legacy_Calvinthesneak

I'll try installing it right now, I'm running win 7 64 bit professional

Legacy_Vivienne L

Please, Calvin, if you get it running, can you tell me how you did it?  Thanks!

Legacy_Calvinthesneak

No dice for me yet. I just tried to install the JRE. Now I think I have the SDK installed too, for programming, so I may somehow tell the system what version I want it to use.

EDIT:  While no luck for me, I've tried the 32 bit JRE and SDK, tried to ensure my system was using those installs and the program still won't run.  It is noted on their website that you need the 32 bit JRE.  Thoughts? tips? suggestions?

Modifié par Calvinthesneak, 18 juin 2011 - 09:50 .

Legacy_Vivienne L

There is a link to troubleshoot for the problems we're having in win 7 64bit:
http://sourceforge.n...4/topic/3792843
and I've followed these directions; either I did something wrong, (I'm not very good at understanding codes and such) or the directions just aren't working for me though others at the forum report success.  One of them says that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Legacy_OldTimeRadio

I don't have Windows 7 or a 64-bit machine so I can't offer much help.  But remember all the raw data is there in the data folder.  So if you come across another data-indexer like DocFetcher, you can just use the contents of an Omnibus' data folder to feed into that other program.

Legacy_Failed.Bard

Okay, I was having the same problem, and fixed it by changing the "LastIndexedFolder" line in user.properties to have the proper path.

In my case, from:
LastIndexedFolder=E\\:\\\\NWN Omnibus\\\\data\\\\TXI\\\\aurora_gui.bif

To:
LastIndexedFolder=C\\:\\\\Games\\\\NWN\\\\NWN Omnibus\\\\data\\\\TXI\\\\aurora_gui.bif

It loaded right up after I made that change.

Legacy_Calvinthesneak

Sweet success at last.  Vivienne, I used the instructions you listed there.  Very carefully installed the jre to a directory right off root (c:\\java6-32) so my working directory is c:\\java6-32\\bin\\javaw.exe.

I then edited the batch file to reflect the changes, exactly as per the forums post.  You then have to launch using the BIN file, not the exe.