Author Topic: DMFI is alive and well  (Read 2842 times)

Legacy_Katarina Dragonstar

DMFI is alive and well
« on: July 17, 2010, 06:02:39 am »

The Dungeon Master Friendly Initiative is still alive and well.  More information will follow soon.

Legacy_Sharona Curves

DMFI is alive and well
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 05:20:21 pm »

As if this incredible, widely used resource would ever die.

Legacy_ShadowM

DMFI is alive and well
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 05:46:03 pm »

Yes it is in the form of HR dm tool which improved it hehe but if someone still working on the old system that great too. 'B)'

nwvault.ign.com/View.php

Modifié par ShadowM, 17 juillet 2010 - 04:47 .

Legacy_TSMDude

DMFI is alive and well
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 06:08:01 pm »

I have been leaning towards taking this out and using only Chat commands as you can do the same thing. Only thing stopping us so far is we all have used this system for so long...does anyone know what changes they are talking about?

I would love to see a more full intergration with the use of Chat for DMFI taken if possible as I still think DMFI has some wonderful scripts.

Modifié par TSMDude, 18 juillet 2010 - 03:03 .

Legacy_kalbaern

DMFI is alive and well
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 03:26:37 am »

ShadowM wrote...

Yes it is in the form of HR dm tool which improved it hehe but if someone still working on the old system that great too. 'B)'

nwvault.ign.com/View.php

Advertising your own goods in anothers post for something similar is pretty poor form. (But I'm not suprised you did it)

I for one will gladdly await whatever DMFI improvements may come.

Legacy_ShadowM

DMFI is alive and well
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 06:49:25 am »

I do not see it as poor form, I have ask about permission a long time ago with Carlo  to work on DMFI related to hak and not hak systems and it is a DM forum were all DM resources should be mentioned not just DMFI core. My work is DMFI related, so it fit the post and topic. I support the DMFI core team and am willing to take my work down if they see as it infringes on their IP and look forward to any release they have coming out. Good luck to all working on the project.

Legacy_Katarina Dragonstar

DMFI is alive and well
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 01:40:37 am »

Carlo would be the first to say, and he has, that anything that improves the lot of DMs in both NWN games is only to be applauded.  I certainly cannot improve on what the Grand Master has to say.  *chuckles*  Right now, Tsunami was the last to upgrade DMFI and then real life caught up with him before he could do anything further.  Pain/BrianMeyer is working on things for the NWN2 version. As you all know, there is a lot of intense scripting that goes into DMFI.  Only someone who knows what they're doing should attempt to rearrange it substantially.  That would not be me!

Legacy_Carlo One

DMFI is alive and well
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 03:56:55 pm »

Thanks to KatDragon for continuing to help organize the DMFI, something which I had to give up after a number of years due to competing time requirements and other life disruptions.

DMFI products for NWN and NWN2 have always been made available to the general community (the whole point in the first place) and have benefited as well from community members´ input. Anybody is welcome to use or modify them for their own purposes, as long as due credit is given. The manner in which people promote their own products is, of course, up to them. I would encourage people to start separate topics on their own products if they consider them as substantially different from the DMFI tools.

Maybe Kat could post a link to the new DMFI forum to help out those of us in transition, as it´s too new for me to find easily.

Legacy_Carlo One

DMFI is alive and well
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 04:03:04 pm »

Actually, I managed to find it: social.bioware.com/group/2455/

The original guild forums are still up and functioning, FYI, although I understand their time is limited: DMFI guild

One advantage of the new DMFI group forum (the first link above) is that guild officers no longer have to approve join requests; the DMFI was always meant to be inclusive, so that simplifies things.

Modifié par Carlo One, 07 août 2010 - 03:06 .

Legacy_Genisys

DMFI is alive and well
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 06:40:06 pm »

Has the DMFI improved a lot since the Chat Event which came in 1.69?

I don't use outdated or obsolete systems anymore..

So someone give me a reason to download this thing, again...

Legacy_Carlo One

DMFI is alive and well
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 03:34:10 pm »

If you check out the NWVault download page, you'll see that the Wands & Widgets package was revamped for 1.69.

http://nwvault.ign.c....Detail&id=3487

Modifié par Carlo One, 22 août 2010 - 02:35 .

Legacy_The Blaster 997

DMFI is alive and well
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 08:55:16 pm »

I would like a permission to make a repack of the DMFI packages for Neverwinter Nights 2, but for version 1.23 build 1765, if I don't get money for that, is it legal?

Modifié par The Blaster 997, 22 août 2010 - 07:56 .

Legacy_Carlo One

DMFI is alive and well
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 12:19:22 am »

It's quite legal, so no worries there. However, there's already a DMFI Tools for NWN2 package out there on NWVault and a version of the next iteration is also available, if you check out the NWN2 forums. The NWN2 tools use the GUI to great effect and are a complete remake, so the systems aren't really comparable (i.e. the NWN2 Tools aren't just a port of the NWN1 Wands and Widgets package).

If you still want to transfer over the NWN1 packages over to NWN2, they're public domain, but please credit tsunami282, hahnsoo, and Demetrious as those responsible for creating and revamping the code.

DMFI has always had an open-use policy and there are plenty of folks who have used DMFI script systems as a base for their own. I'm no longer a guild officer (although I seem to be the most active member posting here), but I don't think guild management would object either.