Author Topic: Been a Long Time Since I Played NWN1  (Read 2429 times)

Legacy_nicethugbert

Been a Long Time Since I Played NWN1
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 06:30:23 am »

Are you using the PRC Character creator (not LETO)?

http://neverwinterva...-mac-compatible

Just make sure to run as an admin, in compatibility mode and with a clean override folder.

It worked!

Legacy_nicethugbert

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 06:32:10 am »

You can try run the module with PRC via NWNCX+nwncx_patch

it will allow you to take custom race and will adjust abilities/feats accordingly - just type the race Label into Subrace field, check racial_types.2da to find out races Labels

it will allow you to take custom base class

it will allow you to take custom domain, spells, feats

I'll have to try that.  I don't like having to go out of game for to creat characters and hopefully there are other advantages to nwnx in SP.

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 08:23:50 am »

I'll have to try that.  I don't like having to go out of game for to creat characters and hopefully there are other advantages to nwnx in SP.

Actually I take back.

My plugin has a one limitation and thats it can only take custom content race with dynamic appearance. Majority of the PRC races has non-dynamic appearance set which means it will crash once you enter Appearance selection in character creation menu.

This needs to be workarounded by setting appearance for these races to human and then changing player character appearance after player logs into module via script. Maybe I can make it work with non-dynamic appearances some day, but atm it will not work with PRC without modifications to PRC...

Legacy_icywind1980

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 08:29:01 am »

It worked!

Great! A clean override folder seems to fix a lot of NWN issues.

Legacy_nicethugbert

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2016, 05:38:26 am »

Actually I take back.

My plugin has a one limitation and thats it can only take custom content race with dynamic appearance. Majority of the PRC races has non-dynamic appearance set which means it will crash once you enter Appearance selection in character creation menu.

This needs to be workarounded by setting appearance for these races to human and then changing player character appearance after player logs into module via script. Maybe I can make it work with non-dynamic appearances some day, but atm it will not work with PRC without modifications to PRC...

If I remember correctly, there is a mod for changing character appearance in game.  Maybe that's a good way to go for SP.

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2016, 07:58:46 pm »

If I remember correctly, there is a mod for changing character appearance in game.  Maybe that's a good way to go for SP.

Sure its easy to overcome this limitation. But it requires some hak/2da edits which isn't something a regular player wants to do. I have no time ffor this myself, but someone else might do this modification into PRC its quite easy.