Author Topic: Figure out portrait filenames on PW?  (Read 1059 times)

Legacy_Dante2377

Figure out portrait filenames on PW?
« on: June 23, 2016, 10:34:51 pm »

So when I had to RMA my laptop at the beginning of the year, I thought I'd backed up all my portraits, but I hadn't.  

I managed to re-find and download many of them, but some have different file names and thus when I login, they don't show up in game.  

Is there any way for the server admin to figure out what file names my character files are expecting?

thx,

Dante

Legacy_Proleric

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 01:07:26 am »

You can open the character files (.bic) with Leto to discover the portrait file name on the Appearance tab.

Legacy_Asymmetric

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 03:23:51 pm »

You could even do that yourself by exporting your characters from the server.

Legacy_MrZork

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 07:04:43 am »

Is this for the OP's own toons or the toons of others he plays with on his server?

I could be misunderstanding the OP, but if his trouble is that some of his own toons are getting the generic portrait and he wants to know what the filenames are so that he can reinstall them (which may well be a giant pain in its own right), then logging in an saving his toons locally will allow them to be read using Leto. Alternatively, one could easily write a letoscript script that printed out the portrait file names of all of the characters a player has in his localvault, assuming one has moneo installed.

But, the problem may be that he isn't seeing the portraits for other toons on the server on which he plays, which is a common issue and many servers have lists of portrait packs that they recommend to players as sort of a "server standard". To find out what the other players' toons' portrait files are, then a server-side script has to be available. I actually wrote something like this up a while ago (e.g. a tag-based script that would report to the PC the portrait file names of all of the PCs in his party), but I kind of lost interest in it and it would require that the server make a utility item available.

Legacy_Dante2377

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 05:17:57 am »

I could be misunderstanding the OP, but if his trouble is that some of his own toons are getting the generic portrait and he wants to know what the filenames are so that he can reinstall them (which may well be a giant pain in its own right), then logging in an saving his toons locally will allow them to be read using Leto. Alternatively, one could easily write a letoscript script that printed out the portrait file names of all of the characters a player has in his localvault, assuming one has moneo installed.

it was portraits of my own toons - I'd had to send my laptop in for an RMA and didn't backup some of the portraits.  The above suggestion (save to localvault and look at the name in leto) worked great.