Author Topic: A Returning NWN player; questions!  (Read 1229 times)

Legacy_TheFroggyOne

A Returning NWN player; questions!
« on: June 08, 2016, 04:10:42 am »

Hi there! Its been years upon years since I have touched this game. However, seeing as I had this crazy craving for the difficulty, the Role-Play, and the DnD, I have come back.

To my question(s) --

1) Are there any servers that have slower leveling, emphasis on roleplay, heavy death penalties (like drop-all, lose levels, etc.) that are still up? I remember a few years ago, but don't remember.

2) Does gog have all of the downloads I need, and are there any patches outside of the gog files?

3) How is the current community? Are servers still somewhat active?

Thank you for your time!

Legacy_AndrueD

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 07:16:04 am »

1)Yah sure. Most have website or wiki u can chk the rules.  In PW MP forum they tell much bout the servers so read wut they say there.

2) No. Ned v1.69 Crit Rebuild. It linked on list in Tech forum.  Prolly CEP shud get too cuz many PW use that.  Each PW have more custom DL too sumtime but chk the places that are like u want.

3) Some server have lots of ppl most time, other ones not so much. Agin, you must chk yurself cuz different time is different amount of ppl.  If u can make frends in group they sumtime set a time to all party so then u will have a better time.

Legacy_neltymind

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 01:43:51 pm »

The community of persistent worlds still exists, but became significantly smaller.

Because of the lack of players, many of the more hardcore and heavily ropleplay orientend PWs either stopped existing or softened their rules somewhat to attract casual roleplayers or sometimes even action players who just throw in an in-character line from time to time. There might be still PWs with very strict rules out there, but what good is that if you're the only one logged in most of the time?

The only sever I can come up with is Arelith. It is definately a roleplay server and you can even choose that you want your character to perma-die after dying ten times (most people don't do this, though). I might not be the best person to tell you, though as I don't play on Pws anymore as I find the limitations of it too immersion breaking to have fun role playing there for a longer period of time.

Legacy_TheFroggyOne

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 04:32:26 pm »

I installed the critical update patch. I have my cd-keys and ran the re-module installer from GoG. I've been unable to log into any servers still. They all get timed out. What am I doing wrong?

Trying Arelith and others.

Legacy_AndrueD

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 05:40:43 pm »

Did u try any PW wut use just vanilla, no CEP or other hak?

Dunno wut "re-module installer from GoG" do. U know?

Mayb try disable secure app or else firewall not letting u.  I donna know bout firewall set cuz never use it. Mayb tell us wut OS u r using cuz am thinking Win10 mite have sum diffrent things to set if u have it.

Legacy_Tarot Redhand

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 05:41:23 pm »

You need to request unique CD keys from GOG - the ones you get when you download are all the same and don't work for PW's. It is slightly complicated but here goes 

1. Log into GOG

3. Go to the support page

5. do the search for neverwinter nights diamond

7. Once that is selected scroll down the page until you find the Contact our support team on the right of the page

9. Click 'I can't find solution for my problem.

11. Use the form that appears to request a CD key.

TR

Legacy_AndrueD

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 05:45:50 pm »

You need to request unique CD keys from GOG - the ones you get when you download are all the same and don't work for PW's. It is slightly complicated but here goes 

1. Log into GOG

3. Go to the support page

5. do the search for neverwinter nights diamond

7. Once that is selected scroll down the page until you find the Contact our support team on the right of the page

9. Click 'I can't find solution for my problem.

11. Use the form that appears to request a CD key.

TR

*lol*  I forget bout that part wen GOG give only SP keys until request MP ones.  Sumtime GOG buyer say that it take few days to get but mayb that change now.

Legacy_Tarot Redhand

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 12:43:01 am »

They had said that they were going to automate the process 2 or 3 years ago but when you click on request a cd key in the faq it sends you to a thread. you then have to go back one page and scroll to the last post on that page to find the information I gave.

<an aside>

NwN is in the summer sale on gog under hasbro classics (while jade empire has its own little tile).

TR