Author Topic: This ever happen ne1?  (Read 879 times)

Legacy_AndrueD

This ever happen ne1?
« on: April 24, 2016, 01:04:53 am »

I go to play NWN today and lil box pop to say shortcut no gud do I want delete?  I say no then go find exe to make new shortcut.  NeverwinterNights folder EMPTY!  Then check in program list n nothing for NWN there too.  All other program look ok but no NWN.  BG still there so it not remove all Bioware program.

Then I say, gud time 4 reinstall, yah?  Wen I try, it ask if I want UNINSTALL!  I say no, then machine freeze so must kill install with TskMgr.

Next I say yes for uninstall and it look like it thinking and I get ask if want to delete all special module.  I say yes, cuz can't see any on HD anyway.

Finally was able do normal install and back where I was playing yesterday after put 1.69 CR back in plus CEP & some other things.  All look fine now.  Toolkit work fine,  Game play fine about same FPS.

I use Win7 and leave connect to net 24-7 unless go away.  Have MSE active all time, so wth happen?  Weird that only NWN get removd.  I get all those Window update dings come thru with MSE on while sleep usually. U think mayb update remove NWN or make it hide? I say show hidden wen folder look empty but still no NWN files.  I never read that this ever happen to ne1 so ask you ppl case you hear such thing. 

Legacy_MrZork

This ever happen ne1?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 06:55:32 am »

I have not had that happen to me. But, I would say that the first thing to do in that situation (maybe after running a virus scan) is to reboot. I have seen Windows go a little senile on me on a couple of occasions, where the file GUI (Windows Explorer) wasn't updating with the correct files in the folders. A reboot can force it to do some double-checking. And, of course, that can save the need to re-install. The latter can be a fairly serious endeavor if you (as I suspect many of us do) have lots of customized goodies for the game.

Legacy_werelynx

This ever happen ne1?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 07:38:54 pm »

If I were you I would start backing up files from Hard Drive - it might be a sign something is corrupting (in this case information about files in nwn folder)

Legacy_AndrueD

This ever happen ne1?
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 09:41:49 pm »

Yah. U right werelynx.  I do BU but almost year now on flash.  Never think it might be like Zork say so mayb reboot work. I think mayb restore too but so much work done would wipe too much off.  It just seem weird that only NWN files poof.  Did virus but nothing show which gud.