Author Topic: Coming back to Neverwinter!  (Read 1033 times)

Legacy_acctingman

Coming back to Neverwinter!
« on: March 17, 2016, 04:19:18 pm »

Greetings!

So, I bought the game back in 02' when it first came out. Never bought any of the expansions/modules.

Been missing the old school rpgs. Just got done with Baluder's Gate 2 and remembered how much I enjoyed Neverwinter Nights.

So, since it's only $10 at GOG.com (for the oringal game plus 2 or 3 of the expansions) would you all recommend buying that or just jump straight into Neverwinter Nights 2? (never played it)

Leaning toward buying the original since I've forgotten what it was like, but I'm curious to see who here thinks it's just worth jumping into NWN 2

Thanks

Legacy_Tchos

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 04:22:53 pm »

I'm curious to see who here thinks it's just worth jumping into NWN 2

Well I do (in my estimation it's better), but you'll find that's a very unpopular opinion in this subforum, to put it mildly.

Legacy_Zwerkules

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 08:12:47 pm »

I'd say if you can afford it get them both, but only if NWN 2 comes with all the expansions, too. Storm of Zehir has no story worth mentioning, but Mask of the Betrayer has the best story of the NWN series. Though NWN 1 is better than NWN 2 the story of the main campaign of the latter is better and the story of Mask of the Betrayer is even better than Hordes of the Underdark.

Legacy_unclejoe1917

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 05:31:10 pm »

Greetings!

So, I bought the game back in 02' when it first came out. Never bought any of the expansions/modules.

Been missing the old school rpgs. Just got done with Baluder's Gate 2 and remembered how much I enjoyed Neverwinter Nights.

So, since it's only $10 at GOG.com (for the oringal game plus 2 or 3 of the expansions) would you all recommend buying that or just jump straight into Neverwinter Nights 2? (never played it)

Leaning toward buying the original since I've forgotten what it was like, but I'm curious to see who here thinks it's just worth jumping into NWN 2

Thanks

Yeah, get NWN1 with all the expansions.  I really enjoyed having more character creation options in NWN2, but never found the game itself to be as fun to play for some reason, with the exception of Mask of the Betrayer.  Conversely, I like the NWN1 OC better, SoU is decent, HotU is amazing and if what you are buying comes with Kingmaker, I really found that to be a fun one too.  Ultimately, fun is why we buy these games.  Honestly for as little as it costs to get these games now, I'd just buy the whole damn mess and see for yourself.  I remember spending like 50 bucks on the Diamond edition and 3 expansion modules.  That reminds me, if you can find Pirates of the Sword Coast and Wyvern Crown of Cormyr, also NWN1 games, those are a pretty good romp too.

Legacy_Fester Pot

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 02:59:16 pm »

Get both.

There is a slew of free modules of top quality for NWN1 and NWN2, that you'll be hard pressed to find anything else in the gaming community to match that.

NWNVault is your source. Downloading content is free - you don't need an account - but you do need one if you would like to vote on content or comment in general.

FP!