Author Topic: Innate Spells  (Read 546 times)

Legacy_Sheehan90

Innate Spells
« on: March 25, 2013, 04:04:04 pm »

Hey there,

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to Neverwinter Nights. My current class is a Wizard 3 & Cleric 3. I recently purchased some scrolls from a shop in Port Llast, which I intended to learn but cannot. One of the scrolls is a Scroll of Fireball;
Spell Level: Wizard/Sorcerer 3
Innate Level: 3

I'm a little confused as to why I can't learn it, being a Wizard 3 and all. I'm guessing it has something to do with this "Innate Level", which I've never come across before (or atleast don't remember coming across)

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Legacy_painofdungeoneternal

Innate Spells
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 04:33:04 pm »

You need to be a 5th level wizard, or 6th level sorcerer (off the top of my head). ( your wizard level does not equal your spell level, it follows a progression chart, showing what spells of what level you can cast. )

Innate level is the level of the spell for other creatures who are not clerics or wizards who cast the given spell. Usually the same, but a spell can be a different level for one class than another. When you cast it, it will follow the wizard level since you are a wizard.

Legacy_The Amethyst Dragon

Innate Spells
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 09:17:22 pm »

NWNWiki: Cleric

NWNWiki: Wizard

Both give the information on the classes.  Look for "Level Progression" tables to see exactly how many spells of which level you can cast at the various class levels.

Spell levels go from 0-9th, and you get access to them when you reach certain levels in your casting class(es).

You can always use the scrolls to fire off spell, but they vanish when used and don't use your own caster level for damage/duration/etc.

Legacy_Sheehan90

Innate Spells
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 10:46:28 pm »

Ah, I see! Thanks very much for the hasty response. Thanks for posting the Wiki link too, greatly appreciated.