Author Topic: I need alot of help  (Read 446 times)

Legacy_scorched595

I need alot of help
« on: April 19, 2012, 11:32:57 am »

I want to play a class that's versatile, one that has high survivability, and has decent damage. Anyone care to share a build that fits that description? BTW I dont know how to play spell casters to save my life, i dont even know how to cast spells in this game

Legacy_ehye_khandee

I need alot of help
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 12:29:00 pm »

If this is for solo play, I would suggest my favorite "testing the module build" it is versatile, and can sweep through most situations. Start RANGER with a hefty (meatshield) type animal companion. With ranger you get dual wield which can help you dish out more damage when needed vs mobs, the animal companion is able to 'run interference' during melee or allow you to stand back and do missile/spell support when needed. For a second class (and I put a lot of levels in it) is Sorcerer. Having high CHA means social situations can be easier and more, you get a familiar; make it a pixie. Pixies level as rogues, so you have traps and locks managed nicely by this lil friend. This is an all around good build, ready to attempt most any situation you may encounter.

If you are looking for powerbuild - line by line how-to guides, there is a system online to search builds... I don't have the URL handy now but if you send me a PM to remind me I'll add it to this post later today.

Be well. Game on!
GM_ODA
http://playnwn.com

Legacy_HipMaestro

I need alot of help
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 01:38:28 pm »

scorched595 wrote...
I want to play a class that's versatile, one that has high survivability, and has decent damage. Anyone care to share a build that fits that description? BTW I dont know how to play spell casters to save my life, i dont even know how to cast spells in this game

Well, learning to cast spells will certainly increase your versatility but I understand what the learning curve is with the magic interface for the inexperienced so... been there, done that.

Here is a link to most all the tools that character builders use today.  The search engine on WoG will only furnish level 40 "epic" builds so if you want a build for a particular SP module or PW that customizes its level cap, those builds will avail little except build methodology.  Ranger is not a bad suggestion, but IMO, except for the animal companion, is less versatile than at least one other, rogue.  Perhaps even fighter would provide a broader combat style with the availabilty of many feats. 

And then there is monk *lol*.

Understand. Depending on the level cap of your environment or total experience points available, muticlassing may end up with a substantially weaker toon than a pure one because there are too few levels to develop it properly.

Any build with at least a few rogue levels thrown in will take advantage of UMD which can become a huge benefit.  Howver, UMD's primary benefit lies in using scrolls, wand and other magical-type items that you may not be willing to experiment with at this point.  But their uncanny knack to detect and handle traps and locks together with the stealth potential (greatest skill set class available), makes them the proverbial "jack-of-all-trades".

But before we get too far in considering specific build combos, please clarify your goal. 

What is the likely maximum level and are there any environmrnt biases (like lots of traps, crit immune creatures, many tough magic users, etc.) or equipment ceiling (like magical +N enhancements on items) of which you are aware?  Also, though you have indicated you are uncomfortable with spell casting per se, are you familiar with buffing and do you use it in your gameplay?  

Help us to hit the ground running with our prospective advice for you, eh?  That way you will be able to jump right in and start testing a build with a minimum of fumbling and restarting.