Author Topic: "Add-ons & Tips from the NWN Community"  (Read 7061 times)

Legacy_jmlzemaggo

"Add-ons & Tips from the NWN Community"
« on: July 29, 2010, 01:48:31 am »

300px-WIKI_new_Large_8.png
your 24h NWN friend (Click ^^)

Welcome to NWN, and this override list of:
(Single Player tested only)

NWNcommunitysfavoriteadd-ons.jpg

Warning: Make a backup copy of your original override folder, before installing anything new.
Overrides can break modules. Rare, but I firmly recommend to always read the ?Read Me ?which comes with any module.

*** Active modifications ***

* 1) AI Hench(wo)man: Henchman Inventory & Battle AI, by Tony K & jonmichaels for PC & for Mac
* 2) Combat: Alternate Combat Animations ( Slide Show ), for PC & for Mac, by Ragnarok_mr4

*** Beautifying modifications ***

* 3) PC Customizer, in game : Customize Character, by Kamiryn
* 4) Camera: Camera mod, by Roma_CZ
* 5) GUI: Complete GUI Alterations Package (Transparent and Colorized), by The Amethyst Dragon
* 6) GUI: Slightly Enhanced class icons & skill icons only, by BoomWav
* 7) Bare hands, heads & bodies nicer: Xaltar's Head and Underwear packs, by Xaltar
* 8) Gloves, nicer: Kurairyu's hands, by kurairyu
* 9) Heads: KotOR Heads, by Estelindis, and CEP 2 Heads, by Ioryo
*10) Heads: Nicest female & male ones: Salt's human female heads, by Saltius (Eyes and lips!)
*11A) Reforged: Brand new Weaponary: Ranged, Chain Weapons, Light Blades, Reach Weapons, Unusual Weapons, Heavy Blades, Chopping Weapons, Smashing Weapons, by The Amethyst Dragon (Read this...)
*11B) Colorblindness: Red Green Hitpoint Status Change, by The Amethyst Dragon
*12) NWShader, by pkpeachykeen
*13) Project Q
*14) NWNCQ Project, by chico400
*15) lordofworms jewels, by lordofworms
*16) Undead Redux 2, by sixesthrice
*17) Creature Override Compilation, by Cervantes35
*18) Spell Icons: Colorized: Generation 2 & Scroll Icons: Colorized (Generation 2),
by The Amethyst Dragon, and his Shameless Self-Promotion Thread
*19) Coloured eyes, lips and eyebrows, by DeathFace (RestlessKnight)

*** Fixes ***

*20) Familiar & Companion Fixes, by Ben Harrison & The Krit
*21) A better Craft Magic, by The Krit

*** Characters & Items creators ***

*22A) Module: Pretty Good Character Creator / Customizer, by styzygy & hohos
*22B) Module: Novice to Epic Character Maker CEP23 Edition, by Dawnwalker
*23A) Builder: CharacterBuildCalculator, by Kamiryn
*23B) Builder: The Halls of Advanced Training, by GreatInca
*24) NWN Epic Character Builders Guild + Bioware Legacy Builds
*25) Epic Character Search Engine, by The Krit

*** Useful tool ***

*26A) NWNLauncher, by Goudea
*26B) NWN Override Manager, by Lord Sullivan

*** Cheater's & Helpers corner ***

*27) Leto 1.69, by Dragonsong & Ben Harrison
*28) NWN Tool, by Souricette for PC & for Mac
*29) Alignment Manager, by Gangster No.1
*30) Max Hit Points at level-up: Edit your nwnplayer.ini file:
under [Server Options]: add (or reset to =1) the line: Max Hit Points=1

*** Infos & even more cheats ***

*31A) Bioware campaigns walkthroughs, equipment & more
*31B) Console commands, Items list (2006), Resources list (2009), NWN Lexicon v1.69
*32) Shia? sunniest & brightest trick ever, by Shia Luck (My post N?.)

*** Not "override" but "must have or read" ***

* Installing NWN1 for Win7/vista including patch links for all OS
* NWN latest updates, including Official Patch 1.69 and more
* Community Patch 1.70 final release, by ShaDoOoW
* CEP latest update (My advice : install all of the CEPs, in the historical order. & I did say all!)
* Powerful items won't allow you to play your character? Read Post N?, by SHOVA
* Window Mode

*** Latest suggestions or updates by the community ***

*33) All voices+Minsc, by Qaenyin
*34) OHS Henchman System, by OldMansBeard
*35) The Neverwinter Scribe Spyware Removal Tutorial, by Decclan Macmanus
*36) Guide to Installing NWN1 for Win7, by Shia Luck
*37) "OC" Henchman solutions, by HipMaestro
*38) Xaltar's Head and Underwear packs, by Xaltar
*39) Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist - Override GUI, by Ravenloft POTM Team
*40) BG2 Themed GUI, by lizard-man
*41) NDubyaConfig, by BG Tool (Window play & more, PC only). And another solution.
*42) Mischa Waymeet, by Vulcano (to enlist her as a paladin for SoU)
*43) Texture Based Spell Changes, by TheSpiritedLass (removes 4 ugly 'spell visual effects')
*44) ManaWand, BigBagofHolding, WandofGather, by Calgacus (at the Social Bioware Projects)
*45) NPC Portraits & NPC Soundset, by Reggie Big Monkey
*46) Q Campaigns, by Mask. The OCs (Official Campaigns), rewritten to include Project Q.
*47) Nisar pure Barbarian fix for Pirates of the Sword Coast, by Vulcano

Again, usefulest information:

* NWN Wiki

More Modules to play:

* Top Rated modules
* Reviewed modules
* "Best community modules", for NWN beginners &... more

More everything:

* NWVault front page
* Hall of Fame

For multiplayers infos, read the 2nd next post perpetrated by SuperFly_2000 :ph34r:

*** Special notes ***

*1) I personally have never seen a major issue with Tony K's AI anywhere in NWN. Only... some beloved "perfectionist" type of community modules authors created their very personnal AI and playing those with Tony K? one might not be the proper and most respectful way to go. About a second ?No Tony K? AI ?verride folder, eventually by using that *24, NWNLauncher? So, I'd recommend installing Tony K? AI at the very end of that list. And also reading the "Read me" coming with any single module before playing it...
7 & 8) About hands only: Use Kurairyu's hands, by kurairyu, for the gloves only, but Xaltar's Head and Underwear packs, by Xaltar, for the bare hands (Models 00 & 01). Don't overwrite 7 by 8 when asked.
*10) Use the NonShawdowVersion only! N?5 is my fav girl one. Eyes and lips colors can be change, in game, by using my tip *3, Customize Character, by Kamiryn: [Modify body > change color > tatoo 1 & 2]. A must have for those who like playing (with) girls. And enjoy seeing maybe new NPCs as well... (I suggest installing Salt's human female heads last, overwriting anything not as nice.)
*12) NWShader wiki
*22) PGC3 v4.4 Beta is the one I? using, especially to perform *32, Shia? trick in game.
*28) The best way for me (Mac player = No toolset) to ?dd?some keen senses to your human PC for instance, but not only... Everything... (but don't touch the skills, buggy!).
Also, check on this Project Q Site
Community modules & CEP: My personal trick: I simply installed all the CEPs versions I could find here, from the earliest one to the latest, in that very order, and was able since to play any official or community module I came across without any problem or conflict... so far.
*44) One of my fav. Those 3 pure jewels might not work in some modules. Read the "Project Details" by Calgacus. Or the original thread... where Calgacus finally answered his own call himself!

And don't worry: Mods don't bite! I mean, nicely only...

Acknowledgements:
Thanks to all of you, NWN lovers, who've been so nicely helping, in many different ways, for the making of this list.
A very special mention for Shia Luck. There wouldn't be such a list without her british sunbeam.
The new title is from our NWN words artist, Bard Simpson... so you'd know where to click for any complain about it.
& Thanks to MrZork for giving that thread a second life, today, 17th of May 2015... 5 years later.

Now, play the community modules, and fully enjoy the only true NWN: online!

Modifié par jmlzemaggo, 17 mai 2015 - 08:40 .

Legacy_jmlzemaggo

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 01:49:31 am »

Latest UPDATE: 10 Oct 2012

As well as this is not the usual discussion type of thread, feel free to make any reply below for any suggestions/updates you believe should be added to that list, and be kind to message (short for PM) me at the same time, to let me know I should update the primary list itself... since it seems we've been granted that God power here.

Modifié par jmlzemaggo, 17 mai 2015 - 07:56 .

Legacy_SuperFly_2000

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 10:00:44 am »

For MULTIPLAYER it is probably not necessary to get all of the above. It is a lot more dependant on what the server is using where you want to play. You can get far with just the "vanilla" game with its expansions (NWN + SoU + HotU).

I'm gonna start of with some vital links:

Unofficial page for Neverwinter Nights
http://www.neverwinternights.info
It has been made by the community and provides a lot more information than the official legacy one. Here you can find links to official patches if you need them.

CEP
http://nwvault.ign.c...r=cep/downloads
CEP stands for Community Expansion Pack and is one of the most popular add-ons to the game. Some of the online servers have this as a required download.

As of writing there is said to be a 2.4 version out.

The CEP is a little bulky though. Make sure that you need it for that server you want to play on, otherwise you can skip it.

Personally I prefer the project Q hak-pak but it is unfortunately not as widely used yet. 

GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT PLAYING ONLINE/MULTIPLAYER

There are many different types of online servers. The most popular types are probably the "roleplay" servers and the "action" ones. They differ a little bit but mostly in the way that most roleplay servers like you to stay somewhat In-Character when creating and playing your character.

The most important thing is to understand that every server functions differently and you should probably read up on their forum how they would like you to play at their server and what restrictions there are.

However...do not read theese rules with fear. I am assuming that most server staffs nowdays have a grown up approach and as long as you don't spam or are being disrespectful to others you should be perfectly alright.

If you are interested to play at roleplay servers you could read this document that actually describes a little how to play. Personally I think that this document too much describes theese are "rules". Instead I recomend you to read it with an open mind and then to do the type and degree of roleplaying that you want yourself.

Gruush roleplayers guide to Neverwinter Nights
http://nwvault.ign.c...r.Detail&id=501

MORE ABOUT ONLINE/MULTIPLAYER

What servers should I play at?

Well...this is really your choice ofcourse. You could just fire up the game, choose what type of server you want, sort all the servers on amount of players and then join the one with the most players.

Note though...that just because some servers have a lot more players than others do not mean that they are the best ones. Naturally a server should at least have a couple of players on (otherwise it would be boring I agree).

Action servers are usually easier to levelup on and gather loot and the rules on staying in-character do not exist. Also they probably have less restrictions about building your character.

I have put together a list of my favourite servers here
http://www.xfire.com...ns/superfly2000/
(That is also my gathering/community of NWN1 players on X-Fire.)

They are mostly roleplay servers as that is what I play on mostly. I do think that well known action server is called Higher ground...if that is your interest.

MULTIPLAYER CAMPAIGNS

One quite popular way of playing the game that I might have neglected so far is the "closed server" MP campaigns. It basically means getting together with a fixed party of players and playing together at the same time one or more times (ongoing/recurring campaign).

One benefit with this way of playing is that the story has greater freedom to progress as you can make drastical changes to the world and so on as the campaign progresses. There are also many NWN modules especially catering to this style of play and the original campaign, with some exceptions, is playable in this way.

There are ofcourse many methods to get together. IRC chat, messengers like Xfire or Skype but one site that is more or less dedicated to this exact type of multiplayer is the matchmaking site Neverwinterconnections: http://www.neverwinterconnections.com/

WHAT IS X-FIRE?

X-Fire is a stand-alone communicator software that I use for chatting with and seeing on what servers my friends are playing. X-Fire can do a lot more as well.

A description of what you can do with X-Fire
http://www.xfire.com/cms/xf_help

Download X-Fire here
http://www.xfire.com/download

X-Fire is by no means a must have for playing NWN online but I full-heartedly recomend it. By now there are 300 members of this community...which is ofcourse a mere fraction of the total community...but we are growing.

I would even offer my services, in the cases I have enough time, to personally guide you through how to get your game setup, how to join and play on servers.

Modifié par SuperFly_2000, 27 octobre 2011 - 08:50 .

Legacy_jmlzemaggo

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 10:05:54 am »

Yes, that's the right place for you, SuperFly_2000. I'll rewrite that line about your multi hints as soon as I'm not scared anymore with that friendlier editor... now that I'm using Firefox instead of Safari.

Modifié par jmlzemaggo, 31 juillet 2010 - 03:59 .

Legacy_Selene Moonsong

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 10:12:30 am »

For the previous version of this topic see http://social.biowar...9/index/3254557

Legacy_seventhslayer

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 08:50:04 am »

is there something that i could use that can manage the modules and haks that i put on my game? I just wanted to know if there was a program out there that help me delete the modules and haks etc that came with them, without deleting any core files for the original game?

Legacy_jmlzemaggo

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 10:26:48 am »

This is an override list, at least originally, and still for the most of it. Overrides don't come with the NWN installation. As far as I remember, you first play NWN without any override at all. You add anything in it yourself, and personaly, I've always managed my NWN directory manually, any file of it. It's not that complicated, .hak goes to hak, .bmu to music, and so on. Also, the author most of the time provides an installation guide for his own module. To my limited knowledge in that particular matter as a Mac user, I don't know any tool such as the one you describe.

But, NWN being magical as it is, you should make your own thread in the same general forum and ask around. I know a couple of wizards all ready to share their powers about the NWN organisation, such a kind of technical power I miss myself very much. But I'm very handy.

So far the only one I could think of is the *26) NWNLauncher, by Goudea in that list.

Again, doing this manually isn't that complicated.

(I've installed NWN twice on my computer, one I play with, with all the add-ons I could  find in it, and the other one, untouched, straight from the installation, as a permanent back-up... and also the best way to test the new stuff coming out to see what it really does.)

Now that you've been talking about it, I believe there would be a way to do it on a Mac, locking for instance all of the core files, or identify them as such... but it's still easier to do it by hand.

Beside, I'm assuming you need the space (I just realized my "hak" folder weights 6Go, half for CEP only! Override & module 0,5Go each) otherwise you don't have to do any cleaning and leave it for ever as it is.

Legacy_AndonSage

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 11:46:11 am »

There is a problem with the URL for:
*21) A better Craft Magic, by The Krit
It is missing an id at the end.

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 12:16:54 pm »

Hoy! jml... It should be "id=3312".

*waves*

Modifié par HipMaestro, 10 août 2010 - 11:21 .

Legacy_jmlzemaggo

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 12:57:18 pm »

Fixed! :innocent:
And my thanks.
'hope The_Krit wasn't that pissed about it he hasn't shown up around here yet... ':blink:'

Legacy_Blue_dodo

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 04:25:43 am »

not bad but I thought I'd add some personal little hackpacks for perttiing  up this here game now swell good 

Xaltar's Head and Underwear packs

as well as New Weapon_VFXes : Note:  acid effect still seems to come off as electrical

Modifié par Blue_dodo, 10 septembre 2010 - 03:30 .

Legacy_jmlzemaggo

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 01:04:47 pm »

@ Blue_dodo

Both sound very interesting. I only hope that bouncing thingy doesn't go to far... but it could be a nice improvment otherwise. I'm so fed up with all of those fake rigid girls...

I checked:
1) The "New Weapon_VFXes" is still wrong about the acid effect, and can't be used before a proper fixing for understandable gaming reasons in my opinion.
2) The "Xaltar's Head and Underwear packs" is great, bodies look more like bodies to me, and the body joints are definitely improved, as well as the female breast is finally bouncing as it supposed to be. Those new heads are interesting, hair and shape and don't seem to replace existing heads. They also allow you to change the eyes and lips colors which is a +.

"Xaltar's Head and Underwear packs" is going straight into my list.
Thanks for the sharing, Blue—dodo.

Modifié par jmlzemaggo, 10 septembre 2010 - 12:08 .

Legacy_Blue_dodo

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 02:35:50 pm »

jmlzemaggo wrote...

@ Blue_dodo

Both sound very interesting. I only hope that bouncing thingy doesn't go to far... but it could be a nice improvment otherwise. I'm so fed up with all of those fake rigid girls...

I checked:
1) The "New Weapon_VFXes" is still wrong about the acid effect, and can't be used before a proper fixing for understandable gaming reasons in my opinion.
2) The "Xaltar's Head and Underwear packs" is great, bodies look more like bodies to me, and the body joints are definitely improved, as well as the female breast is finally bouncing as it supposed to be. Those new heads are interesting, hair and shape and don't seem to replace existing heads. They also allow you to change the eyes and lips colors which is a +.

"Xaltar's Head and Underwear packs" is going straight into my list.
Thanks for the sharing, Blue—dodo.

yeah I liked the bodise not because of the whole nudity but because they look really good and seem to have the most realistic looking bodies and heads.

there  is also a high defination hack pack for spells loks really good but I forgot the link will put it here when I find it

as the new weapons_vfxes  yeah someone should take it over  hasent been updated in over 2 years

Legacy_tigr55

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 10:30:19 am »

ÐºÐ°Ðº начать играть по лайну или интернету???

Legacy_jmlzemaggo

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 11:48:21 am »

Ð’ыберите NWN меню мультиплеера.
Хорошая игра!
Вам повезло, что я говорю свободно владеющие русским языком. 'B)'
В противном случае я советую вам, чтобы выразить себя более на английском языке здесь.

Modifié par jmlzemaggo, 13 novembre 2010 - 11:50 .