Author Topic: How About A New NWN Phenon, EA Sports?  (Read 1499 times)

Legacy_TSMDude

How About A New NWN Phenon, EA Sports?
« on: July 16, 2010, 02:21:28 pm »

I would love to see a new Dungeons and Dragons game completely based of off the NWN BioWare Engine come out by EA. It would be a great seller if it had many of the same features but was JUST for PW/Module building and stripped most of the stuff out of the Standard Palettes.

They could sell little Script Packs or what not piecemeal for people/Admins to buy. Like Pre Made gear up to this level or a system for this or that. In the end it satisfies the greed of the dev/publishers, it makes it even more customizable for us who want variety like Forgotten Realms vs Kara-Tur and it keeps this world going.

Imagine all the possibilities they could do.

You buy one Main Disk Set for about 20 bucks. Has all the script sets and such like that a person willing to host/admin for a world can turn on or off. Hen if you want to say adventure in the Forgotten Realms, you and the admin buys a premade disc of JUST Forgotten Realm themed stuff. You could have one for Greyhawk, one for Kara-Tur complete with classes and spells. Even the World of Krynn.  A true deity system could even be included for each world. Or for those who do home campaigns there could be a blank fill in the names system JUST for them. Sell those for say 5 bucks to download or buy the disc.

I think it would even help spark a small step up of NWN in a way if they made the disc able to be used with NWN.

Legacy_WebShaman

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 04:43:33 pm »

If it was based on Paizo's Pathfinder, it would fly.

Legacy_ladydesire

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 04:50:58 pm »

Not going to happen; EA doesn't hold the license for D&D, Atari does. And with the current court case, nobody can make a new D&D game.

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 07:42:08 pm »

WebShaman wrote...

If it was based on Paizo's Pathfinder, it would fly.

Whats that?

Yea I googled it, found it, but what is that? Whats the difference, who is Paizo?...

Legacy_ChaosInTwilight

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 10:45:34 pm »

Honestly @#$^ the license, and Intellectual property and the like. Leave setting, and development stuff alone(AKA to the Fellow/Lass who's putting it on for others). 
Write up classes(Hint, use dragon age for a basis).
Write up major abilities(Hint, use dragon age for a basis).
Write up minor abilities(Hint, use dragon age for a basis).
No idea how DA does its hak, or equivalent, I picked up the 360 edition. But NWN has the right notion here..

Now, sell it in 3 flavors:
$30 Adventurer: MP client, and Toolset.
$45 Wizard: Adv +DM client.
$50 Deity: Adv +Wiz + stand alone server app.

The perks are simple, its an easy $30 write off to try it, and see if you like it.  Don't like it?  Did you get 4 hours out of it?  2 trips to the movie theater would run more than $30 where I live, so its an easy sell.   

Next trick is you sell the upgrade to the next package as $20.  So buying them individual one at a time(AKA, as you get more involved)..  $70    Buy it all upfront you save 20.    Buy intro, and then decide to buy it all fresh(I.E. passing your first purchase off to a friend) Net's $80.

Now..  let's talk continuing income..   Every 3 months, release a purchased game update, for $15-20.  I would suggest, each dollar spent get's  a new placeable, a new creature appearance, a new feat(Or just 1 new class per update to simplify it), and a new spell.   That works out to $0.25 per piece of content the end user gets.    Rough formula, but let's keep in mind, these things would be marketed free of charge for bioware. 

By none other than the user base. I mean, the PW owner buy's ituses the new creatures in the next week or two, and thus, his players are in the position of needing to update.   Now obviously, they could put it off if they chose, but we all know how fickle players can be right?   Alternately, one of the staff of the Play world get's it, drafts up a new dungeon, with new stuff, and the Owner can't import it without upgrading.

Now I don't realistically know how much work would go into making 4 new things (per dollar * updating players). But my gut instinct tells me this is one hell of a marketable "Build your own MMO" kit, and Bioware has had 90% of it done for at least the past 4 years now.

Legacy_WebShaman

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 06:15:50 pm »

It would be a lot easier and make much more business sense to get Piazo to license Pathfinder.  You would have a Customer base to pitch to.

Pathfinder pickup up where D&D 3.5 Ed left off (and went to 4th Ed, which many, myself included, did not like).  It is based on the Open Source D20 system, and Monte Cook from olde is on board!

In other words, it is what D&D should have become, not 4th Ed.

Legacy_Builder_Anthony

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 06:38:36 pm »

Lol just checking to see if i can post here on the new forums.I got some crazy smilely face picture.