Author Topic: Barbarian Rage dispellable?  (Read 1121 times)

Legacy_Terishia

Barbarian Rage dispellable?
« on: July 15, 2010, 09:01:21 pm »

Looks like I have the honor to post the first game-related question over here :innocent:

Can Barbarian Rage be dispelled? I recently noticed that everytime my PC rages my Cleric companion immediately comes to the "rescue" and removes the rage effects - the STR and CON boosts and the AC penalty that is, the fear aura remains active. The spell looks to be Greater Restoration, not sure though (no Spellcraft).

Did anyone else notice this? It's not mentioned in the Wiki.

Oh, the module uses EMS and Tony K's AI. I looked through the EMS text, it says that the rage is *not* dispelled.

Thanks,
Terishia

Legacy_ollebroc

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 11:28:05 pm »

It's not dispellable but any restoration can remove it. It's the effect AC Decrease that restoration fixes which is linked to the rest of the effects. Need to adjust the rage scripts and/or the restoration scripts.

Legacy_Terishia

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 10:44:44 am »

Thanks, that confirms my suspicions. Though it is interesting to notice that the cleric hench only started to take exception with my raging barbarian after I took Terrifying Rage. I have this hench along for most of the time since lvl 1 (now 29) and she didn't do this before. Weird.

Though I have to say, it somehow fits her character. I can just see her patting the raging guy on the back "There, there, let go of that fury. Sit down, I'll make us a cup of tea." ':lol:'