Author Topic: baseitems.2da question  (Read 2729 times)

Legacy_azaz1234

baseitems.2da question
« on: July 11, 2016, 06:29:12 am »

i'm tweaking basitems.2da to require a pc to equip wands and rods before use. i'm encountering some peculiar behaviour i can't figure out. i've got rods, staves, and wands all set up to where EquipableSlots is 0x1c030, which should allow the items to be equipped to either hand. in fact, when i pull up the radial menu over one of the items, i do have both possibilities. but for some strange reason, i can't seem to equip rods and wands to the main hand. when i try this expressly using the radial menu, the request is ignored.

some examples of what i've observed -

• equipping longsword allows equipping of wand, staff, or rod to off hand. so far so good.

• equipping rod alone => must equip to off hand.

• having equipped longsword in main and mace in off hand, trying to replace longsword w/rod or wand causes rod or wand to be equipped in off hand, request for main hand is ignored.

• equip staff in main hand, rod in off hand -- ok. but reversing them doesn't work.

• trying to equip 2 rods or wands or rod+wand results in only 1 being equipped, to the off hand. the other one is dropped back into inventory.

what am i doing wrong ?

Legacy_SHOVA

baseitems.2da question
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 10:39:52 pm »

Try adding 2 to the weapon size for it. I ran into a similar issue making spears one handed, it wasn't enough to make the 1c30 in the one slot, the weapon type needed to be change as well.

also you can only equip shields and torches in the off hand with nothing in the main hand, that has been a NWN thing since the beginning.

Legacy_AndrueD

baseitems.2da question
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 02:40:40 pm »

I wonder if ne1 make wand/rod animaton yet wen equip on toon. Think sum stuff like this already dun. Mayb could use other animaton (like shortsword) until one made that work ok.

Legacy_azaz1234

baseitems.2da question
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 09:56:54 pm »

thank you both for your help !

it turns out the problem was with baseitems.2da, but not the weapon size. both the WeaponWield and WeaponType columns also needed to be set.

Legacy_Grymlorde

baseitems.2da question
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 05:44:52 pm »

thank you both for your help !

it turns out the problem was with baseitems.2da, but not the weapon size. both the WeaponWield and WeaponType columns also needed to be set.

But how do you keep the wands & rods from functioning unless equipped? I could never figure that one out.

Legacy_KMdS!

baseitems.2da question
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 06:21:23 pm »

You could have the item hooked into the spell hook to check for equipped status and drop out if not equipped.

Legacy_Shadooow

baseitems.2da question
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 06:25:29 pm »

But how do you keep the wands & rods from functioning unless equipped? I could never figure that one out.

thats automatical, if you make them equippable, engine will not let you use their actives without equipping first

Legacy_Grymlorde

baseitems.2da question
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 11:37:17 pm »

thats automatical, if you make them equippable, engine will not let you use their actives without equipping first

Tested and verified for PCs. Thanks.

Next step is to test henchmen.