Author Topic: Merchant won't sell customized items  (Read 2247 times)

Legacy_paradogz

Merchant won't sell customized items
« on: July 07, 2016, 11:06:43 am »

Hi,

I have got a problem with setting a new shop with customized item.

I've created the shop in the toolset and in its inventory I've dragged and dropped some items from the standard and customized item sections.

The customized items are in the toolset as well, I have created them.

I set up a dialogue with the NPC so that it opens the shop thanks to a script.

The shop opens but all I can see are standard items, the customised one are not for sale !

Can anybody help me,

Thanks a lot !

Legacy_MrZork

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 03:05:57 pm »

It's not always easy to tell with this sort of thing without being able to open the module in the Toolset to see what's going on.  But, the following are some possibilities you might want to double check. Obviously, it could be something else, too.

1) The item is in the store, but not on the page where you expect it. (This happens more than you might think.)

2) There are two stores in the area and the one being opened by the merchant dialog isn't the one you think. Or the store you expect to see doesn't have the tag the open script is looking for.

3) The item is in the template for the store, but not in the store itself. E.g. a custom store was created in the palette and then added to the module. But, the new items were added to the palette store.

4) The items are bugged somehow (bad portrait, string problem, etc.) and don't show up in-game.

5) A custom script is running for the store that is clearing some items out.

Legacy_SHOVA

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 03:18:12 pm »

Does the shop you have created have a new tag? does the conversation that opens the store open the right store tag? that's the first 2 things that can screw up.

Legacy_paradogz

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 12:01:46 pm »

Hi all,

Thanks for your input, thanks to your help I found out there was a script in the module that would destroy items if their value was more than a set value.

Thank you so much all..