Author Topic: Problem with Deekin leveling up  (Read 1952 times)

Legacy_G_Admiral_Thrawn

Problem with Deekin leveling up
« on: June 05, 2016, 04:54:07 am »

I'm trying to "correct: the "oversight" that removed the rogue class (thereby removing the ability to use any decent weapon, like the short sword or rapier) from Deekin, and every time I get him in my party, he's stuck at level 2 (1 rogue, 1 bard). I get the message "Levelup failed for Deekin in class 37" and "Levelup failed for Deekin in class 8." What am I doing wrong?

Legacy_LoA_Tristan

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 09:51:56 am »

A levelup package is picky about the specs/feats on the caller. The messages are indicating that the engine is trying to use the package, but not finding exactly the feats it expects to already be there. I think the bard and RDD packages Deekin uses are hardcoded to account for a kobold, and it will be harder to make him valid for a rogue package.

I know you aren't looking for this sort of advice, but I think Deekin is quite good as an RDD. Especially with Enserric the Dagger, if the PC isn't using Enserric.

Legacy_G_Admiral_Thrawn

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 03:46:00 pm »

So I guess I'll just go the original way I was gonna do it. Give him bracers that "simulate" a rogue (or atleast a rogue's sneak attack and proficiencies).