Author Topic: Toolset Modification by axs  (Read 2355 times)

Legacy_JediMindTrix

Toolset Modification by axs
« on: August 13, 2015, 06:54:39 pm »

I found a link that pointed to this thread over at the old nwnx.org forums, where a user named axs posted a modification for Aurora Toolset that expanded droplists for readability amongst other things, however the link(s) are dead and I can't find the mirror mentioned at the end of the thread. Can anyone possibly upload this program to the vault or send it to me via PM if they possess this program?

Legacy_T0r0

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 02:12:29 pm »

*bump*  Looking for the same thing.. Did you find it ?

Legacy_T0r0

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 05:17:30 am »

*crickets*

Could've sworn this was a thing back in the day.. It would make comparative work sooo much easier. 

Legacy_OldTimeRadio

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 09:19:44 pm »

I don't know for sure, but I was under the impression that the changes that axs made might have been rolled into one of the toolset multi-patches/nwntx/whatever someplace in here.  Maybe check with VirusMan?  If that's not the case, you might also consider asking around in the toolset forum and see if anyone has a copy.  I could have also sworn this was "a thing" back in the day. 

If all else fails, PM me (reference this thread) and I'll dig my old machine out of storage and see if I can find "nwtoolset.rar" on the HD, somewhere.

Legacy_T0r0

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 04:44:31 pm »

Got it from Virusman. I'm not going to post a direct link, but I'll tell you where it is. For anyone looking for this, consider this an extra step and warning.

Warning from V

don't use it because it is very dangerous: the second toolset overwrites the contents of the temp0 folder with its own module, essentially breaking the first toolset and corrupting the module. Copy&pasting stuff between toolset windows is not possible, so it's not very useful for the risks it brings.

That being said, for my purposes. Which is strictly comparing tilesets. It works perfectly. I'm using this from 2 different installs, ran the patch on my secondary toolset (modifies the toolset exe)

So hopefully I've conveyed the pitfalls. So to find it, go to the list OTR linked above and it's near the bottom, look for the one that says something like,, toolset multi_patch.

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 06:08:37 pm »

I am using sandbox for this, allows the same for client which is handy when you need to test multiplayer interactions too.