Author Topic: Do I really need all this stuff in my inventory...?  (Read 2933 times)

Legacy_Gavindale

Do I really need all this stuff in my inventory...?
« on: December 27, 2015, 03:40:04 pm »

A quick question for everyone reading this... I have a bit of a problem - the majority of my inventory space is taken up with gargoyle skulls, fairy dust, dragons blood, quartz crystals, skeleton knuckles, a huge variety of stones and gems - I am at the point where every time I go on a quest in the official campaign, and pick up pretty much anything, I have to use the stone of recall to go back to town, sell things (some I might have kept if I had room) to make room for new items. I would say about 98% of my inventory space is taken up with the things I mentioned above. Do I really need to keep all this stuff? I have bought numerous bags of holding, they are full too. Long story short, can I get rid of all the clutter?

Legacy_Gavindale

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 04:05:37 pm »

btw, I am currently in Chapter 2, I have completed North of Port Llast to Griffon Inn, East through Neverwinter Wood, and am currently at the end of Charwood.

Legacy_Empyre65

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 05:08:48 pm »

Keep one each of gargoyle skull, fairy dust, dragon's blood, diamond, adamantine, ironwood, and special holy water to use at the forge in chapter 3 (diamond and special holy water can be used for both a weapon and armor, so maybe keep 2 of those). Keep several skeleton's knuckles (because they're not bulky) to gain access to the magic store in chapter 2, and then get rid of them in Luskan. Sell the rest of the clutter.

Legacy_Gavindale

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 05:34:30 pm »

Thanks! Your help is appreciated!

Legacy_Gavindale

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 05:57:58 pm »

where is the magic store in Chapter 2? In Port Llast?

Legacy_AndrueD

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 06:21:34 pm »

where is the magic store in Chapter 2? In Port Llast?

Yah, top of hill is Eltoora store. 

I tell you what I do with all little stuffs then you decide...

There a pool next to Eltoora where I load all those knuckles, berries, silk gland, crystals... all that stuff.  Eltoora always want one of those to open store so there they handy and not need to mess inventory with crap.  If you arcane toon, can use some stuff to make items in lab after her books are found by you so get quest.  But IIRC may need cloak from Ch1.  Not sure anymore cuz very long since play this game.  Maybe I think of Ch 3.

At Kendrack I use chest in middle of room to keep all quest stuff cuz I give up most quest stuff all at one time b4 going to Luskan. It handy for me but maybe not for your playing.  Also good for stuff that won't sell with zero gold like that oddball fire gem or pieces of arrows/bolts instead of spreading all over floor.  Can use any chest to store all stuff b4 chapter end but don't forget it there! ':wacko:'

Legacy_Mystery X

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 07:07:35 pm »

The most powerful magic item in Neverwinter Nights is the Bag of Holding.  If you are a packrat, buy those at every opportunity (as well as the better Magic Bags).  The Neverwinter Nights OC is designed to encourage you to be a packrat.

In every chapter, I check to see which merchant is offering the best prices to buy my stuff.  So I end up selling all excess treasure to just one merchant.  If you make a mistake and sell a reagent that you need later, you can go back to the merchant to whom you sold it and buy it back.  (It is easy to remember to whom you sold it if you only sell to one merchant).  If I recall, none of them sell for more than a gold or two, so they aren't going to be too expensive if you have to buy them back.

Legacy_werelynx

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 12:20:10 pm »

skeleton knuckles can make negative traps (that is if crafting is enabled in OC)

Sell gems

cold stone is for traps as well but I doubt there are any in OC.