Author Topic: Helm's Hold: Stone of Recall problem.  (Read 1165 times)

Legacy_pamelahoward

Helm's Hold: Stone of Recall problem.
« on: August 25, 2014, 10:38:39 am »

In the area where I'm up against Desther, and I try to use my Stone of Recall, I get the problem: "The recall stone is unable to transport you from this area."

qJKWu42.png

The walkthrough on GameBanshee however says I can use it:

"There are a couple of things to be done here before you can go up against Desther. First you will need to destroy the Ritual Golems that surround Desther and protect him from any harm. Be careful though because several other undead are inside as well. Do not forget your Stone of Recall if things get bad. Also Desther as you will soon notice has a HUGE amount of hit points and no matter what damage you deal to him he will be barely injured. "

I'd really like to be able to fix this problem as I keep dying and can't take him all in one go. (I forgot to swap out henchmen before the Finale, so I can't go back)

Legacy_ImperiusDamian

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 12:45:17 am »

Unfortunately GameBanshee is wrong on this count; the Desther encounter is one of the rare places in the OC where the recall stone is restricted.

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 05:17:02 pm »

Your toon cannot kill Desther.  By reducing him down below 900 HP (about 20% damage), he will surrender automatically for the plot.  I've found it much easier combat by leaving my hench helper near the door entry to the area fully buffed (if possible) standing ground, and force Desther to leave the ritual area where you command the hench to attack in the hallway.

Your guide is right about killing the ritual golems which are relatively easy to dispatch.  Desther won't leave the chamber until they are all eliminated.

Having several assorted potions to use for buffing, and especially full heals in a no-rest area, should make your goal much easier to reach.