Author Topic: Has anyone ever tried to "improve" the OC?  (Read 3346 times)

Baaleos

• Administrator
Has anyone ever tried to "improve" the OC?
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2016, 10:44:16 am »

The only improvements I ever implemented in OC, was really around adding Quality of Life improvements such as Simtools and other roleplaying aides to the OC, which was just for multiplayer hosting.

Given the small size of the OC, and the whole 'starting a new module' event at the end of each chapter, it was a mediocre change - which was only really used for small partys. 

Legacy_WiredWraith

Has anyone ever tried to "improve" the OC?
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2016, 09:54:08 pm »

I would totally replay a revamped and improved OC since I enjoyed it very much back in 2002 or so when I had relativity unsophisticated tastes in RPGs.  I've since played hundreds of user-made modules and would want many of those features incorporated into a NWN OC reboot/reimagining.  Firstly, no more gold coins found in just about every public barrel in every city/area.  How on earth can there be beggers in the original OC when GOLD is freely available in every trash barrel, crate & commode from Neverwinter to the ends of the realms?  Next, I would improve the enemy AI (I read here on the forum that patch 1.69 actually does make enemy spellcasters in the OC very difficult but have no way of verifying this) and then use a better AI henchmen system (and the ability to have more than one).  Then finally include meaningful skill checks.  Anyway, that's just for starters.

I was actually thinking of doing a playthrough of the OC recently with Project Q but decided there's too many good modules on my list that must come first.  But, yeah, would love to see a good OC reboot.