Author Topic: Negative NPC reactions  (Read 1037 times)

Legacy_Emaerin

Negative NPC reactions
« on: February 09, 2013, 11:05:51 am »

I have been playing Neverwinter nights for a little while now but I have never really indulged the social aspects of it i.e. the forums, multiplaying etc so sorry if this is a really obvious question/answer.
I am replaying the main campaign and I realised my character has been getting some negative comments from NPCs. For example, in the city core, NPCs make comments on how I look like I have the plague. To be more precise, I am in Beggers Nest and talking to Krestal and he says: 'You're looks aren't much better than the zombies'. There are other examples, such as in the Moonstone mask with the... er, male companion and the patrons comment some thing like, 'Crawl back under the stone you came from' and I think the Helmite in the Beggers Nest temple is also another example.
I don't remember this happening in my previous games and I was wondering if this is triggered by the makeup of my character. She is a human, chaotic good level 11 fighter with dark skin and hair.
I know it doesn't affect the main storyline but I was curious about what my character has done to offend the NPCs of Neverwinter.

Legacy_Gregor Wyrmbane

Negative NPC reactions
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 02:09:40 pm »

It sounds like you might have accepted a "blessing" from one of the Helmites. Not sure if Cure Disease or Remove Curse will fix it or not, but you can find a priest and try it. Maybe Aribeth can help, I don't remember for sure.

Legacy_MagicalMaster

Negative NPC reactions
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 05:06:30 pm »

Most or all of those are due to you having low Charisma - regardless of what your character actually looks like.

Legacy_Emaerin

Negative NPC reactions
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 10:49:31 am »

Thank you! It was because of a low Charisma. I bumped it up (along with the others in ratio via the cheat) and suddenly some unimportant NPCs, that wouldn't talk to me, now are.

Legacy_cds13

Negative NPC reactions
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 09:06:10 pm »

I didn't know that the blessing of the helmites could have such issues, I always wondered what could happen to my character if I ever stumbled on their "cures".