Author Topic: Overwhelmed by character choices (OC / SoU & HotU)  (Read 3490 times)

Legacy_HipMaestro

Overwhelmed by character choices (OC / SoU & HotU)
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2013, 01:29:55 am »

MagicalMaster wrote...

HipMaestro wrote...
Actually, I don't recall ever seeing a single 1-40 level module offered on the Vault... ever!  Doubt if they even exist.

Well, Aielund is pretty close -- 1 to 36.  But yeah.

Actually 6 modules but surprisingly seamless and should be on any SP-lover's "must play" list.  The balancing is really incredible in that series.  My guess is that any single module containing enough encounters to provide the necessary XP opportunities would take forever to load and probably just as long or longer to download, heavy custom appointments or not.

Legacy_MagicalMaster

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2013, 01:41:35 am »

HipMaestro wrote...

Actually 6 modules but surprisingly seamless and should be on any SP-lover's "must play" list.

It's more than one module but it uses the same ruleset throughout all six -- spells/feats/etc aren't different between the modules.

HipMaestro wrote...

My guess is that any single module containing enough encounters to provide the necessary XP opportunities would take forever to load and probably just as long or longer to download, heavy custom appointments or not.

Not really -- rate of XP is up to the builder.  I could make a module that would take like an hour per level (40 hours total, basically same as original campaign) easily -- or 30 minutes a level, or five hours a level.  Builder controls the leveling pace and the overall length.

Legacy_Westan Willows

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2013, 01:48:21 am »

this thread should be in general not in spoilers. I finely got my fighter/Sorc/RDD to work.