Author Topic: Venom for the Spirit  (Read 916 times)

Legacy_cds13

Venom for the Spirit
« on: December 09, 2012, 09:18:55 pm »

In the OC while in the neverwinter woods you find the venom for the "Spirit of the Forest" and its antidote. While the antidote is used on the Spirit, the venom is left in your inventory. Has the venom any purpose or is it completely useless?

Thanks

Legacy_Empyre65

Venom for the Spirit
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 09:05:49 am »

I think that you can use the venom instead of the antidote to kill the spirit of the woods, but since that would be an evil thing to do, I have never tried it, so I don't know for sure.

Legacy_cds13

Venom for the Spirit
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 12:05:01 pm »

By the dialogue that should not be possible since there is no other option that giving the Spirit its cure, maybe you mean by dropping the venom on the Spirit itself, I will give it a try if I ever come with a new evil character. Thank you for your answer!

Legacy_MrZork

Venom for the Spirit
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 09:16:47 pm »

I am pretty sure that there is no use for that poison, except maybe to get drunk. There is no script that checks whether you have it.

Legacy_HipMaestro

Venom for the Spirit
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 03:57:31 am »

SPOILER follows:
v

The poison was never used on the Spirit.  It was used on Relmar's axe blade as he poisoned the tree, the one that is the source of the Spirit's power, by hacking into it.  That's what made the Spirit and all the creatures under its sway go mad.  After the deed was done, a few of Relmar's cohorts escaped back to the world througha portal they cast by magic, probably taking what was left of the poison back with them to their original campsite.  At least this is what we are supposed tyo be able to piece together after reading the Spirit's thoughts after the cure is given.

Therefore, the poison itself has no purpose in the quest other than evidence.

Legacy_cds13

Venom for the Spirit
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 09:37:06 pm »

Now I recall, thanks to you both guys. That bottle is just rubbish in my bags :-)