Author Topic: Going back in the game after saving?  (Read 987 times)

Legacy_Guest_Purin_*

Going back in the game after saving?
« on: November 12, 2011, 05:05:38 pm »

Hi,

I have kind of a silly problem here. I've made a wrong decision in the game and found out shortly after saving. I'm in Chapter Three, Moonwood: Klauth's Lair. I've caught the poor blue dragon alive into the sphere - I didn't really think much, ahem. The thing is that this is not the way I want to go. I don't feel like stealing dragon eggs for Klauth. But since I saved the game and the game auto-saved not long after that, I've run into a dead end.

Again, I know it's a stupid problem, but is there a way to go back in the game after you saved it? Or am I destined to steal poor unhatched baby dragons to complete the quest? ':crying:'

Legacy_Magical Master

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 07:37:31 pm »

You can simply kill Klauth.  Not the easiest fight, but definitely doable.  What are you playing?

Legacy_MrZork

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 07:51:30 pm »

I don't know how to go back, and it's true that Klauth is tough, but beatable at full power. But, I am pretty sure you can spawn the other sphere and give it to Kauth.

Enter the following at the chat bar (position the mouse over an empty bit of ground near your character):

##DebugMode 1
##dm_spawnitem m3q04g_sphere2
##DebugMode 0

Hope that helps.

[edit: fixed error in last console line]

Modifié par MrZork, 14 novembre 2011 - 09:00 .

Legacy_jmlzemaggo

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 08:10:08 pm »

I've always disliked that part. Too complicated for that tiny brain I only got on my birth day.
Kill any one with the largest xps, and move to the next plot.
This whole area is so well organised, with the first egg here and the dragon conveniently waiting for you there... almost squary.

Legacy_Guest_Purin_*

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 08:41:22 pm »

Magical Master wrote...

You can simply kill Klauth.  Not the easiest fight, but definitely doable.  What are you playing?

Haha, yeah, that's probably the best and most logical way. Not an easy thing to do, though. I'm playing a sorcerer (level 15) - having a henchman, a familiar and also a summon, support magic etc. I tried a few times - got Klauth "injured" at best. He's pretty much immune to my spells, which is quite troublesome. I guess, I would have to level up at least a little, before I could beat him. But I don't mind doing that. I strongly dislike harming the innocent, even though it's just a game. :innocent:

MrZork wrote...

I don't know how to go back, and it's true that Klauth is tough, but beatable at full power. But, I am pretty sure you can spawn the other sphere and give it to Kauth...

Wow. Thanks a lot! I'll definitelly try it.

jmlzemaggo wrote...
I've always disliked that part. Too complicated for that tiny brain I only got on my birth day....

Really? I must admit that this is my first time playing the part. I started playing the game a few times already during the last few years and never really had time to finish it. So frustrating. So... yeah... I guess, I'm just a noob, basically.
But I actually like all the riddles and puzzles in the game. It's true that some parts take ages to figure out.  I always feel so smart after solving them, haha. So don't worry, it's not just you.
With the blue dragon, I don't know, what I was thinking, though. I guess, my brain was on vacation at that moment.

Thank you for your answers, everyone! '^_^'

Modifié par Purin, 12 novembre 2011 - 09:36 .

Legacy_Guest_Purin_*

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 09:58:30 pm »

@MrZork

It worked! You, sir, are my hero. Thank you.

Legacy_MrZork

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 09:03:20 pm »

Glad to have helped. It likely won't matter much, (and I've fixed it for anyone who comes across this thread later) but the number in the last line of the console command was supposed to be zero. That just takes the game back out of debug mode, if you've restarted the game since, it goes back to normal mode on its own. I was in a rush and got careless with my copying and pasting... ':blink:'

Modifié par MrZork, 14 novembre 2011 - 09:04 .