Author Topic: Bug at the end of Chapter 2  (Read 1277 times)

Legacy_Adackione

Bug at the end of Chapter 2
« on: June 06, 2011, 07:52:43 pm »

I know this is probably an old issue for you guys, but I just got there and found this problem. I get to the top of the Host Tower and nothing happens wth the NPCs. I already tried:
- Updating from the game (didn't work)
- downloading the patch  (didn't work)
- and the suggestion I read in the old forum of saving the character and creating a game in the DM client, doesn't work for me either.

I'm lost, any suggestion?

Legacy_Failed.Bard

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 08:51:48 pm »

I remember that as being an unusually placed ground trigger activation, as opposed to an on area enter one, though admittedly it's been a long time since I played through the OC.
 A quick check of it just now in the toolset shows the trigger just past the stairs down.  It might just be a matter of walking past it a few times, since it needs to set a variable before the cutscene will start.

It also may be perception based in some way for the activation.  Was your character in stealth or invisible?

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 04:51:55 am »

Adackione wrote...

I know this is probably an old issue for you guys, but I just got there and found this problem. I get to the top of the Host Tower and nothing happens wth the NPCs. I already tried:
- and the suggestion I read in the old forum of saving the character and creating a game in the DM client, doesn't work for me either.

Check this known issue .  Not sure why it's doing it for you after v1.64 (was supposed to have been fixed), but try the manual fix.

Legacy_Adackione

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 06:56:53 pm »

Failed.Bard wrote...

I remember that as being an unusually placed ground trigger activation, as opposed to an on area enter one, though admittedly it's been a long time since I played through the OC.
 A quick check of it just now in the toolset shows the trigger just past the stairs down.  It might just be a matter of walking past it a few times, since it needs to set a variable before the cutscene will start.

It also may be perception based in some way for the activation.  Was your character in stealth or invisible?

I tried a lot of walking in the stairs no progress so far. And my character is normal. Thanks.

Maybe could you give me a print screen of this trigger? Thanks a lot

Legacy_Adackione

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 07:03:29 pm »

HipMaestro wrote...

Adackione wrote...

Check this known issue .  Not sure why it's doing it for you after v1.64 (was supposed to have been fixed), but try the manual fix.

I try pressing ` or ~ but the command console doesn't show up. My version is 1.54.

Legacy_Failed.Bard

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 07:45:26 pm »

Ah, if you're on patch version 1.54 only that's likely why then.  If you can't open the consold, try typing this in the normal chat line:

## DebugMode 1
## dm_runscript 2q6k_startfight

## DebugMode 0
^^ That line turns off the mode again, once you're done.

the ## tells it that it's a console command, and should be enought o get you through that part at least.  You're better off finishing part 2 completely and exporting your character before patching,  Then start a new game on part three after the patch is done.  The newest patch version is 1.69, so there's quite a few things patched since your version.

Legacy_Adackione

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 08:19:34 pm »

I made it!! Thanks a lot, guys!

But as for the updating part, I tried, I got the 1.69 patch, executed it and it didn't work.

It says: "You cannot us this patch with you current install of Neverwinter Nights."  =/

Legacy_Failed.Bard

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 08:27:25 pm »

Glad to hear you got past it.
 As for the patch, I have no idea why it's not working for you.  Likely you'd have to ask in the technical help forums for that part.

Legacy_MrZork

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 04:32:36 am »

If you are having trouble patching, you might want to check out the critical rebuild patch (see http://nwn.bioware.c...ch_english.html).

Legacy_Gregor Wyrmbane

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 04:38:59 am »

Adackione wrote...

I made it!! Thanks a lot, guys!

But as for the updating part, I tried, I got the 1.69 patch, executed it and it didn't work.

It says: "You cannot us this patch with you current install of Neverwinter Nights."  =/

Not sure about this, but because you're current version is so old you may have to do your update in stages. You may want to try patching to version 1.68 first. Then use the critical rebuild that was mentioned above. 

1.68 is available here:   http://nwn.bioware.c...port/patch.html

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 06:36:58 am »

One must make sure they are trying to apply the patch specifically designed for their version of the game.  A different critical rebuild  (CR) is furnished for each version. Since v1.54 doesn't ring a bell with me, I have no way to point you to the appropriate version (Platinum/Diamond or Gold or Original NWN).  Most of us also assume that it is an English version being patched unless otherwise denoted.  As for the more exotic versions like Best of Atari, it's anyone's guess which CR to use.  It may take some experimentation to find the correct one.

Also, IIRC, if you bought the original NWN and then each expansion separately, you must apply all 3 patches in sequence to update it properly (at least this is what had been explained to me years ago in some thread).