Author Topic: How to get XP to complete 3rd chapter henchmen quest?  (Read 946 times)

Legacy_Quitch

How to get XP to complete 3rd chapter henchmen quest?
« on: December 04, 2010, 07:43:42 pm »

How in the heck do you finish a henchmen quest in chapter 3 of the official campaign? I must be 2 to 3K short of the necessary XP to gain a level and unlock the final chat, yet I have cleared every area and completed every quest. Where in the heck does this extra experience come from??

Legacy_Muric

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 01:13:19 am »

out of curiosity, what level are you, and what conversations have you already had during this chapter?
  If you are already level 14 or 15 you should only have to talk to them again.

i assume you've already got their quest items in hand since you've been through every area and every other quest.  However,  If you forgot to do a henchmen quest in chapter 2, you won't get to do it in chapter 3 also.

Modifié par Muric, 11 décembre 2010 - 01:18 .

Legacy_Quitch

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 02:06:19 am »

Whoops, I meant to come back and edit. I found out it's because I hadn't completed all the henchmen quests in chapter 2, this left me stuck at level 14 just ever so slightly short of 15 and one conversation away from "fetch item X".

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 02:19:58 am »

Quitch wrote...

Whoops, I meant to come back and edit. I found out it's because I hadn't completed all the henchmen quests in chapter 2, this left me stuck at level 14 just ever so slightly short of 15 and one conversation away from "fetch item X".

If you get really hard up for XP, I mean if you realize that you will fall just short by a few points, there is a way to maximize XP in each chapter that I used to employ. 

Try to leave all the quest-type rewards until last since they are preset rewards and will not change with your ECL.  Then spend all the time killing foes to delay your ECL as long as possible. This usually only works in the OC because IIRC it is the only campaign that still uses a class-based challenge rating system to determine XP reward. There are a few quests that are linear so you won't be able to use this method for those.

Check the henchmen sticky for your own edification.  There is some spoiler info there but should be marked clear enough.