Author Topic: Pale Master??  (Read 1384 times)

Legacy_Artira

Pale Master??
« on: December 03, 2010, 09:35:06 pm »

I reached level ten on Pale Master but I can't level him up anymore.  I don't understand why since it seems you are suppose to be able to (the 'summon greater undead' goes up higher then lvl 10). Is there a glich or something?':huh:'

Legacy_Xenovant

Pale Master??
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 10:04:56 pm »

Your global level must be greater than 20 to be able to exceed level 10 in that class

Legacy_Artira

Pale Master??
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 11:11:05 pm »

what's "global level"?

Legacy_jmlzemaggo

Pale Master??
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 12:24:31 am »

I suppose it means you gotta reach an epic level in one of your class.

To be an Epic character.

Spoilers Warning!!!

And I don't think that's possible in the OC since it won't take you that far.

Legacy_Artira

Pale Master??
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 01:35:07 am »

thanks

Legacy_jmlzemaggo

Pale Master??
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 10:31:45 am »

[EDIT]

I suppose it means you gotta reach an epic level in one of your classes.

Nothing can happen before being an Epic character.

Spoilers Warning!!!

And I don't think that's possible in the OC since it won't take you that far. (Level 18 max?)

Save your PC for some epic module, HotU, community's which includes some fine bridge modules, between OC and HotU.

Legacy_Xovian

Pale Master??
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 03:23:24 am »

Another option is to make copies and change the extension of the OC to .mod (from .nwn).
Then put them in the mod folder and open them in the tool set.

Provided you have HotU installed, saving the OC will update it to allow levels beyond level 20.
Simply change the extension back to .nwn and put them back in the nwn folder and they can be played as normal. As a side note if you have an original in the nwn folder and one in the modules folder and start a game even if you use the version in the module folder, it will still run the one from the nwn folder and any changes will not go through.

Like was said above, there's no real reason to do the above (unless you like blowing stuff up for the revenge feeling) but it is an option if you so desire.

Edit*
This happens for all prestige classes though, until you can gain epic levels (20+), you can not take the prestige classes beyond their pre-20 level cap which is 10 for most, and 5 for Harper Scout and Purple Dragon Knight.
The latter however can never gain more then 5 levels regardless of epic status or not.

Modifié par Xovian, 25 janvier 2011 - 03:26 .

Legacy_HipMaestro

Pale Master??
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 07:30:45 am »

Xovian wrote...
Another option is to make copies and change the extension of the OC to .mod (from .nwn).
Then put them in the mod folder and open them in the tool set.

Provided you have HotU installed, saving the OC will update it to allow levels beyond level 20.
Simply change the extension back to .nwn and put them back in the nwn folder and they can be played as normal. As a side note if you have an original in the nwn folder and one in the modules folder and start a game even if you use the version in the module folder, it will still run the one from the nwn folder and any changes will not go through.

This "manipulation" is only necessary if you DO NOT have both expansions installed.  The OC can indeed be played into epic levels without modification if you play solo/farm XP and/or use the console to add XP to your PC.  IIRC the highest level I ever reached was 22 just by exploiting the OC's ECL.

Legacy_avado

Pale Master??
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 11:25:45 pm »

Artira wrote...

I reached level ten on Pale Master but I can't level him up anymore.  I don't understand why since it seems you are suppose to be able to (the 'summon greater undead' goes up higher then lvl 10). Is there a glich or something?':huh:'

WHAT!  In your first 20 levels, you can only take a max of 10 in any ONE PRC class (which Pale Master is).  For example, wiz 7/pm10 at 17, you will ONLY be able to take wiz OR ANY OTHER class YOU QUALIFY FOR, until lv 20.  At 21, you will be able again to take PM and you can until lv 40 if you want to.

TO clarify, you MUST have ONE base class (fighter, sorc, wiz, cleric, etc).  Your other 2 classes can be PRC if you want (and qualify for).  You can only take 10 in ANY ONE PRC before character lv 20.