Author Topic: Any way to honestly win the trial in Chapter 3?  (Read 1518 times)

Legacy_Melkior_King

Any way to honestly win the trial in Chapter 3?
« on: November 06, 2010, 12:46:48 am »

What I said.  Is it possible to win the trial in Chapter 3 without bribing the jurors?  And if bribery is needed, are there any jurors who won't stay "bought"?  (An honest politician is one who, once he's bought, stays bought). ':whistle:'

I would have thought that it would be possible to discover someone who had supplied the potion ( which obviously must have been used) and to admit their testimony to the trial, but I couldn't find anyone.

And I might as well say that I'm rather disappointed in the later chapters as they don't seem to have been thought out nearly as well as Chapter 1.  I'll be happy to finish the OC and go back to exclusively online play and composing my own modules.  I'm only playing the OC out of curiosity (so please don't put spoilers into your reply except for what I asked) so I can give an honest opinion if/when anyone asks me.

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 02:13:43 am »

Bribery will pretty much assure you won't get a unanimous decision (5 out of 5).  You get no roguish points for clever illegal activities in the OC. Sry.

My advice is to treat the trial as a real lawyer would.  Use tact and disciplined strategy when canvassing the prospective jurors. Point blame where it can be most advantageous and refrain from any defense that would place doubt in the minds of the jurors.  Then it is a piece of a cake. (Is that non-spoilerish enough fer ya?)

This is why these games have so much universal appeal.  I enjoyed solving this trial and consider it one of the best thought-out scenarios in all the campaigns.  To each his own.

Modifié par HipMaestro, 06 novembre 2010 - 02:19 .

Legacy_Westan Willows

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 05:32:55 am »

There is a man in the barraks with a hurt leg. Heal his leg then talk to him.

Legacy_MrZork

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 07:15:15 pm »

Yeah, heal the soldier's leg (Zed?) and also buy drinks for the guy in the pub (there are two trial-related NPCs there, the one to buy drinks for is the guy who isn't a jerk; it's easy because his name sounds like "loaded" or something). Those are the two I recall as having extra info if you talk to them more than once. I think that's the only trick. I never bribed anyone and I've gotten all five votes sometimes.

During the trial, avoid the temptation to claim (or get any of the witnesses to claim) that the barbarian is only on trial because he's a barbarian and avoid the temptation to say he isn't responsible because he was drunk (but it's okay to point out that the other guy spiked his drinks). Also, when questioning the defendant's wife (Wanda?), don't let her ramble on about how important the heirloom was to her proud husband and to the honor of her people.

Modifié par MrZork, 06 novembre 2010 - 07:16 .

Legacy_jmlzemaggo

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 08:41:59 pm »

Say nothing about racism either. At least in the OC.
This trial seems actually almost for real...

Modifié par jmlzemaggo, 06 novembre 2010 - 08:43 .

Legacy_Jfoxtail

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 08:17:19 pm »

if you really want the best spoilers : gamebanshee.com

Legacy_jmlzemaggo

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 09:29:54 pm »

Bioware campaigns walkthroughs
(from my list in my signature)

Modifié par jmlzemaggo, 08 novembre 2010 - 09:30 .

Legacy_Melkior_King

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 11:09:13 pm »

Thanks for the advice, people (and anyone who isn't) ;-)  I'll try the trial section again after I finish the game.  I've reached the world inside the Source Stone and received the amulet (which doesn't seem so great compared to an Amulet of Natural Armor +5) so it shouldn't take me too much longer to finish the game, then I'll go back and try the trial again although it seems that the result has no real effect on the outcome of the game or even on that episode.

Legacy_Vampir Drache

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 10:28:50 pm »

Talk to Lodar in the drinking house. He will talk about Griff spiking drinks.  Remember to bring up the spiked drinks in the trial.

Legacy_Empyre65

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 04:00:35 am »

In addition to avoiding the topic of racism, avoid the topic of his being drunk, except to point out that the drink was spiked.