Author Topic: NWN HotU any% single-segment speedrun in 1:02:29 (WR)  (Read 2348 times)

Legacy_mejcell

NWN HotU any% single-segment speedrun in 1:02:29 (WR)
« on: April 05, 2015, 02:28:59 pm »

Hey! I'm mejcel and I speedrun both Neverwinter Nights and Hordes of the Underdark and currently hold the any% single-segment world record for both. (For those that are unfamiliar with speedrunning terminology, any% basically means beating the game as fast as possible using any means possible, while single-segment obviously means I do everything in one sitting, the clock running all the time.)

Thought some of you might be interested in these. Both of the runs utilise the same kind of build, 3 levels of Wizard for Familiar (which is used to clip some walls) and Invisibility (to sneak through enemies, obviously) plus Expeditious Retreat where Haste isn't possible. Then we have the rest of the levels at Monk for the Monk Speed stack with Haste.

Both the runs utilise a trick called "quickresting", pressing rest, quicksaving the game and loading it to save time. Some other tricks the original campaign run uses is the "XP Demon", Chaohinon of the Void in Helm's Hold practically giving infinite experience points, and duping the plot items with the Divining Pool. HotU has it's own trick with buying/selling items with enough Appraise in order to raise money to buy necessary items etc.

Feel free to ask me questions about the run, speedrunning in general, or how to speedrun this game, or anything, really! Maybe you'll even get interested in running the games yourself!

P.S. I also posted this same message on the OC forums with the OC any% world record, respectively. Here's a link: 

http://forum.bioware...run-in-3722-wr/