Author Topic: Modifying Henchmen in a saved game  (Read 1348 times)

Legacy_Jugonshi

Modifying Henchmen in a saved game
« on: March 27, 2014, 11:45:29 am »

I have done it using Leto in NWN2 and it worked without any problem, but does that work in NWN1?

In NWN2 I can fully control companions' level up choices. On the other hand, in NWN1 the game automatically level-up henchmen,

Will that cause some problem if I modify a henchman's skills or feats (say, letting Deekin take more UMD and better selection of feats) or even changing one's class (say, changing Nathyrra into a pure rogue)?

Legacy_MrZork

Modifying Henchmen in a saved game
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 05:21:31 pm »

I am pretty sure that modifying the henchmen manually with Leto will work, in the sense that it won't break the game and the henchmen will have whatever level features you give it that way. However, that may mean that you will essentially have to do it for every level up, since it doesn't change the leveling priorities in the level-up package and the LevelUpHenchman() function will still try to use a package even if you have previously made choices for which the package priorities aren't appropriate.

This topic comes up often enough that I wonder if there aren't more packages available for the various classes (or at least for the standard henchmen) available on the Vault. For instance, I am pretty sure that Tony K's AI levels the henchmen differently than the default game does, but I don't know if it does that using new packages (it doesn't for the OC, I'm pretty sure, since the OC doesn't use that package system).