Author Topic: Aribeth's stats going crazy!  (Read 1312 times)

Legacy_Gregor55

Aribeth's stats going crazy!
« on: April 26, 2012, 06:38:28 pm »

I just rescued Aribeth from the cave and got her a new sword from the smith. I noticed that whenever I started upgrading a new sword (i.e. getting the upgrade cut scene for first upgrade) the first thing happens is Aribeth gets a "movement decreased" nerf.

So I rolled back and prepared the sword before I picked her up then gave it to her, no probem.......

.... except now any time i move to a new location there seems to be a chance of *all* her stats being nerfed to 8 and all the enchantments from her sword disappearing (except ironically haste).

OK, so if I save and reload it seems she is restored, but this is a pain.

Any idea what's going on here? Am I not supposed to get her an upgraded weapon or something?

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 03:29:29 pm »

Do you have any haks, overrides or custom utiilities installed? 

Sounds like a custom item trying to be "forced" to comply with the default HotU scripts but without further details is difficult to analyze.  I hope you have a few recent saves available in case the problem one got corrupted.  It happens.

Legacy_Gregor55

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 07:36:02 pm »

Thanks for the reply HipMaestro, I left this alone for a while since I didn't get any replies straight off - just got back to it.

No, I have no haks, mods or whatever - I'm running straight NWN/Shadows/Hordes recently bought/downloaded from Impulse. Yes I have a set of rolling backsaves and level saves so hopefully I can deal with any corruption issues .....

Situation is I was running with Deakin and Valen and this happened immediately after I picked up Aribeth and attempted to buy her a decent long sword from the smith. I have not tried to buy Valen a new weapon this way so far - I can roll back and attempt to do so to see if its just an Aribeth issue, a general one or a corruption of my game files.

I might experiment round the problem but the question is:

Are you supposed to be able to buy henchmen weapons from the smithy or is this the game trying to say to me "Sorry, mate, you can't do that" but getting in a twist about it?

Legacy_Mystery X

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 11:47:37 pm »

I know I have made an upgraded weapon for Valen using the smith, and there were no problems.  I don't remember though if I have ever done the same for Aribeth.