Author Topic: Who's Crimson?  (Read 1156 times)

Legacy_ZFR

Who's Crimson?
« on: September 17, 2011, 09:54:41 pm »

So in the Grimgnaw battle everyone else is familiar, except for her? Is she known from somewhere too? One of the premium modules?

As a bonus, how is it possible to return to the Gate City after crossing the Styx? Am I missing a place where I can use the grappling hook, or is the only way forward for the time being? I've got too many things to sell...

Legacy_Mystery X

Who's Crimson?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 10:21:54 pm »

Once you cross the River Styx with your grappling hook, I don't believe there is any going back.  You're stuck with the djinni as your only merchant until you complete your current quest.  Holding on to anything he values at less than 15,000 gp probably isn't worthwhile- you probably have so much money that the extra 10% or 20% you might get elsewhere doesn't make much of an overall difference.

If you have been copiously doing every quest and collecting every bit of treasure and selling it for the highest possible price up until this point, money and equipment is probably no object to you at this point.  But you can play it safe, carry the stuff around, and always call the djinn to sell if an emergency comes up that requires you to have some extra money on your current quest (though that may require going back to a last-saved game if you are caught unawares).  Hopefully you have enough Bags of Holding and a strong henchman that encumbrance isn't a problem.

I don't recognize Crimson from the OC or SotU either.

Legacy_HipMaestro

Who's Crimson?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 05:18:50 am »

ZFR wrote...
So in the Grimgnaw battle everyone else is familiar, except for her? Is she known from somewhere too? One of the premium modules?

"An infamous bounty hunter from the Dragon Coast, Crimson was renowned for her cruelty and her relentless pursuit of perfection. It was said she plucked out her own left eye after she failed to detect an enemy hiding in the shadows."  ... so we are talking about a Forgotten Realms reference here (i.e Lands of Faerûn).

Legacy_ZFR

Who's Crimson?
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 04:12:05 pm »

The whole thing is set in Forgotten realms... But each other character there was referenced before in an NWN game...

Legacy_HipMaestro

Who's Crimson?
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 04:50:17 pm »

ZFR wrote...

The whole thing is set in Forgotten realms... But each other character there was referenced before in an NWN game...

Then you'll need to remind me.  Where were Balpheron & Koth Uth-Kalin mentioned before HotU?

Legacy_ZFR

Who's Crimson?
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 08:22:37 pm »

Koth Uth-Kalin is the minotaur Lord Nasher kills in the intro movie (presumably)... Balpheron is the original owner of the mummified hand artifact in SoU and the mentor of Heurodis.

Legacy_philty_

Who's Crimson?
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 04:17:37 am »

ZFR wrote...

Koth Uth-Kalin is the minotaur Lord Nasher kills in the intro movie (presumably)... Balpheron is the original owner of the mummified hand artifact in SoU and the mentor of Heurodis.

Sir, your picture does you justice!