Author Topic: Bugs with the djinni bottle and Valen  (Read 1094 times)

Legacy_Guest_Red Monster_*

Bugs with the djinni bottle and Valen
« on: August 27, 2011, 11:59:23 pm »

1. In chapter 1, I got the djinni bottle, but everytime I summoned him the convo gets cutted and he disappear!  This happen both when I use the bottle with the radial menu or quickslot. Strangely, I've no problem if I summon him in chapter 2. How do I fixed this?

2. In chapter 2, I'm an epic character. I try to ask Valen to focus on being a weapon master, but the option is not on the convo! I have no problem with Nathyrra however, I can change her training. Any ideas?

Thank you

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 04:43:14 am »

1.  No idea.  Did he give you the activation stone yet?  Did you provoke him in any way? Are you running any haks, overrides, artificial AI's?  One thing I have noticed is that if you try to summon him while standing next to a merchant the script sometimes opens the wrong store but that is only a problem when you get that far in the convo.

2.  Valen trains on his own.  You have no interface to change that.  Nathyrra's training can be altered by the PC like Deekin's.

Legacy_Mystery X

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 12:05:21 am »

I've experienced the occasional problem with the djinni too.   i think sometimes when you summon him in an enclosed space or too close to your henchmen, he gets bumped into or moved to avoid a wall or NPC, and that ends the merchant dialog early.

Legacy_Guest_Red Monster_*

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 03:33:36 am »

Thank you both for the reply. I dismissed my henchmen and used the bottle in the Reaper's realm, far from everyone and everything. It worked like a charm.

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 01:06:23 pm »

Red Monster wrote...

Thank you both for the reply. I dismissed my henchmen and used the bottle in the Reaper's realm, far from everyone and everything. It worked like a charm.

You don't need to dismiss them, just place them on Stand Ground and wander off a bit.

One other djinni warning since we are at it... don't kill any rats or other neutrals by your hand or your henchmen even accidentally or the djinni will become hostile and that is much more difficult to correct.  A known faction change issue.