Author Topic: Can't get henchman to leave party  (Read 1161 times)

Legacy_here to read forums

Can't get henchman to leave party
« on: August 09, 2011, 05:45:33 pm »

Help. The remove from party radial option doesn't kick them out and the conversation options don't have anything like "I'd be better off without you". It's annoying as I want to, for one thing, dump some items I'm hording on Aribeth, and also I want to try her out for a bit with the new astral longsword I picked up. Urg.

Legacy_MrZork

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 02:17:33 am »

Where are you in the modules and which henchman are you trying to fire? My recollection was that the henchmen did have conversation options to get them to leave the party, but I might be recalling a play-through using Tony K's AI, which gives more conversation options to the henchmen. BTW, you generally do not want to get rid of henchmen using the radial menu; it sometimes doesn't run the same scripts that the conversation method does and it can leave the henchie unable to be re-hired should you have a change of heart.

You may also want to check HipMaestro's "Henchman solutions" thread in the NWN Official Campaign forum. The thread is focused on the OC henchies, but some of the same issues can crop up with henchmen in any module.

Modifié par MrZork, 10 août 2011 - 01:18 .

Legacy_Mystery X

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 08:31:12 pm »

Where are you when you try to remove them?  I seem to remember having a problem managing henchmen, in which I had trouble removing one when in the Reaper's stronghold, but was able to do it outside in the snow.  (Or maybe it was vice-versa.)