Author Topic: The Ch2 final Cut scene, what should happen?  (Read 947 times)

Legacy_Guest_Lowlander_*

The Ch2 final Cut scene, what should happen?
« on: July 08, 2011, 08:51:08 pm »

I have replayed the big battle a number of times but I don't get a transition to CH3 unless I press escape so I wonder if I am missing anything.

What happens is: after I kill the Valsharess, A cutscene starts where Big Meph Roars, tears loose, and then... we just stare at each other for all eternity? ( or until I hit escape to end the cutscene).

I think perhaps it is just missing the transitions for some reason and you are supposed to see him tear loose then everything goes black and you wake up dead in Ch 3... or perhaps their is more (I don't remember, it was years since I last ran through HotU).

But right now it is just kind of funny. He tears loose and then we just quietly stare at each other.  It seems very anti-climatic and in need of punch line the way it is.

It is NOT locked up either, the flames are still flickering, but I have to presse esc to end the cutscene and transition.

Anyway just wondering if anyone remembers this cut scene and how it should play out.

EDIT: Found it in German on youtube.... So I am missing the conversation and him killing me... Anoying.

Modifié par Lowlander, 08 juillet 2011 - 08:14 .

Legacy_Terishia

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 10:10:34 am »

Hi!

Do you loot the Valsharess' remains? IIRC there is a bug if her body vanishes that breaks that cutscene. If that is the problem, simply leave something on her and you should be fine.

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 10:10:37 pm »

That cutscene is buggy for me as well, Lowlander.

The first few times I played through, it cut over just fine.  But since then, all I get is Meph standing there gloating and the convo never proceeds.  ESC fixes it though it seems to take a good long while for the escape to register.

I always get the Val's goodies because they are so fine.  It's harder to do with a caster or any range attack because the PC is not standing near enough the corpse for the inventory screen to pop up, I guess.  In those cases, I pause the game upon her death to grab the stuff.  Sometimes the cutscene runs fine when I do that, sometimes it doesn't.

I've written off this bug as partially due to my graphics card attempting to remain on wobbly knees rather than just giving up the ghost.  But it could be something in the scripting that hangs it.  Dunno.

Also, that big battle just before the Valsharess sometimes hangs up so I save many, many times at apparent break points in case it does decide to hang.

Legacy_Guest_Lowlander_*

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 11:06:58 pm »

Cool, thanks Terishia, you are correct.

I thought I tried not looting Valsharess on one attempt, but I just tried it again, without looting her and the scene worked out correctly. So leaving one item on her would work as well.

I had already finished my play-through, but wanted to see this cutscene, it is a decent one, which answers some questions.

It was annoying because NWN is rock solid on my machine. I was sure this was a game logic glitch.

This finishes my 2011 play through of all the original campaigns. I think it was 6 years since I last played any of them. But I just got a bug to play them this year.  Hordes is my favorite, closely followed by the OC (which I think is highly under-rated) and last/least is SoU which I think is mostly tedious.

Legacy_Terishia

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 08:28:08 pm »

Glad I could help.

Just put something worthless in her inventory, a note, arrow or so. Doesn't have to be anything of her stuff, just keep her corpse around ;-)