Author Topic: Secret door in Island of Maker?  (Read 890 times)

Legacy_ZFR

Secret door in Island of Maker?
« on: May 12, 2011, 08:09:50 pm »

So Hip Maestro in his post here
http://social.biowar...6/index/6377431

mentions that there is a secret door in the Isle of Maker. I finished the isle and couldn't find any secret door. So I check gamebanshee's map, and indeed there appears to be a secret room to the north (on level 1), next to the room where your weapon attacks you...

But I can't find any secret door to get there. I took Nathyrra, who with a potioin of wisdom and the helmet of eagle something (+5 spot) had a spot of around 20. She also has a high search and I've given her a potion of fox's cunning just in case.  Stood in the room of the attacking weapons for some time, to no avail.

Could anyone please tell me how to get to the secret room? Where is the entrance, how is it scripted? Does it require spot or search? Does it have to be player who finds it or can it be NPC?

Thanks.

Legacy_Mystery X

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 09:50:28 pm »

I don't know to which secret door he was referring. But looking at the area in the toolset, the room to which you refer appears to be empty with no apparent way to enter it.

Modifié par Mystery X, 12 mai 2011 - 08:50 .

Legacy_jmlzemaggo

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 09:59:17 pm »

While we're all waiting for our favorite american bear to wake up here, I shall try to help you with my roguy way to handle NWN, whenever you're facing that sort of 'detection" problem. 
First, I believe revealing a secret door is a matter of "Search" skill  =>  intelligence.
So, anything around it might help. 

SPOILERS & CHEATS!!!!
Here is what I do when I know there is something around, but can't find it. 
- Your cursor is your friend here, move it over the black map, and if changes from a cross into an arrow, there is something interesting under. Where you could eventually jump... and maybe easily find the secret entrance from the other side.
- Enter DebugMode, as most of the modules makers often use a (yellow) trigger to help players to find a secret door, and debugging will show that yellow zone on your map.

Modifié par jmlzemaggo, 12 mai 2011 - 09:04 .

Legacy_ZFR

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 02:53:16 pm »

Ah, thanks.