Author Topic: A bug which I have not heard of before...  (Read 1058 times)

Legacy_apunyfly

A bug which I have not heard of before...
« on: March 06, 2011, 05:13:25 pm »

Hi, I finished HotU a few months ago and I encountered a little bug which annoyed the hell out of me.
I haven't seen anyone mention it onn this forum, then again, I'm new here, and I play on v1.59.

*minor spoilers*

In chapter 2, after killing the elder brain (squish !), I went to free the slaves after clearing the place a bit...
Yet when I killed the guard and a few non humanoid prisoners, as I entered the cell with all those light-depraved people, the 'main' one, can't remember his name, sorry, was hostile !

It's been a while, sorry, I can't remember what I did exactly, but i definitely freed most of the slaves and we fought our way out, but I never saw them again after they cleared off...

So, is this a known glitch or might I have done something wrong ? And how would I, on a hypothetical second playthrough, be able to chat to the felllow ?

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 09:33:42 pm »

Argosus , the slave leader guy is true neutral faction so if you accidentally killed any rats walking around, it may have set a faction against you.  I know killing rat neutrals will make the djinni go hostile so this guy may be in the same faction.  Basically, you did something to change his faction or it changed by itself with a gliche of some sort.  It may be very difficult to determine where it changed though so I would just play through. 

You could allow your PC to be killed and then respawn to reset all factions back to normal, if the faction change becomes too annoying.  Just write down your gold and XP numbers and use the console to adjust it back again after you respawn.

TBH, I always set the slaves free BEFORE I visit the Eldar Brain.  That action alone won't turn the entire Ithillid colony hostile.  Whether killing the brain adjusts some factions intentionally or not I couldn't tell you.

Legacy_apunyfly

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 10:19:19 pm »

Right. I see...
Thanks. I can't remember if I did kill any rats, but it's not impossible.
I don't know about any console, but I'll look it up.

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 01:28:24 am »

Usually you can only hurt a rat with an AoE spell or with forced targeting, but strange things sometimes happen during combat that may not be immediately noticeable and the factions get changed.

If you decide to use the "suicide" method,  this will link you to using the console to readjust gold and XP back to normal.

Legacy_apunyfly

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 09:57:54 pm »

Thank you very much. I have to say, NWN's various glitches are sometimes annoying, but in some ways part of its charm, like being attacked by Aribeth in the prelude in the OC. Or various other AI glitches.

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 04:34:08 pm »

apunyfly wrote...
Thank you very much. I have to say, NWN's various glitches are sometimes annoying, but in some ways part of its charm, like being attacked by Aribeth in the prelude in the OC. Or various other AI glitches.

Most of the bugs were repaired by v1.69, especially the annoying genre.  Assuming you may want to sample the innovative community content available on the Vault, a current update version is almost essential.