Author Topic: Finished SoU. Is HotU meant to be played with the same character?  (Read 1029 times)

Legacy_ZFR

Story-wise, is it the same character in HotU as in SoU? Or are they completely different like OC and SoU?

I thought after completing SoU, I'd be able just to go into HotU with the same character (like in BG2 SoA into ToB), but apparently that's not the case. Assuming it is the same character, is importing the only way of getting SoU character into HotU?

Thanks.

Legacy_Lightfoot8

Finished SoU. Is HotU meant to be played with the same character?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 07:56:27 pm »

Yes, they can be.  You may however want to play a bridge module first to fill in the gap of levels between the two.

jmlzemaggo wrote...

The Nether Scrolls, my fav obviously, if I read my own ancient comments about it.
Also Shadohaunt. Pretty good as well.
Long time. Fading but still smiling memory about the first... 

EDIT: a quick list of the vault alos brought up List of Bridge Modules

Modifié par Lightfoot8, 27 février 2011 - 08:11 .

Legacy_ZFR

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 08:18:07 pm »

Well, I know they can. My question is, canon storywise, are they the same character?

EDIT: One more thing, will my character be overpowered with all the items brought over from SoU campaign?

Modifié par ZFR, 27 février 2011 - 08:35 .

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 08:43:23 pm »

ZFR wrote...
Well, I know they can. My question is, canon storywise, are they the same character?

EDIT: One more thing, will my character be overpowered with all the items brought over from SoU campaign?

They are supposed to be.  There are enough historical references to suggest the continuance.  Convos with Deekin will provide some of the linkage.

Do not be concerned about the items from SoU.  There are items in the sequel that will be much more powerful than those you have collected.  Also, it won't even be a consideration at all until the first chapter is all but complete.

Legacy_Gregor Wyrmbane

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 08:46:48 pm »

ZFR wrote...

Yes. Your HotU PC will be treated as your SoU PC. They intended for you to import your SoU PC into HotU.

No. You will not be overpowered. In fact, if you start HotU with a "new" PC you'll be allowed to level it up to 15 before the game actually gets started.

Legacy_ZFR

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 08:48:51 pm »

Thank you all for your replies!

Legacy_Lightfoot8

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 11:00:22 pm »

Also note that the modules I posted in the link above, are mostly from a community compentention for making a module to bridge the level gap between sou and hotu.

The discription of the list states.

This listing is of the Sou to HotU bridge module competition contestents, plus other bridge modules that were released after the contest. These mods are designed to fill the gap in experience between the end of SoU and the start of HotU.