Author Topic: HotU in the toolset  (Read 1035 times)

Legacy_Gregor Wyrmbane

HotU in the toolset
« on: February 26, 2011, 10:59:23 pm »

Howdy,

I can't seem to open HotU with the toolset. When I click the open tab none of the 3 chapters show up as an option under normal modules or campaign modules. Anyone have any ideas why that might be? I get options to open all the other modules and campaigns installed on my PC.

Also, I recently started playing HotU again, and I don't have the option to start in chapter 2 or chapter 3. It will only let me play in chapter 1. I just started so I haven't played through chapter 1 yet, but shouldn't I be able to start a game in any of the chapters like I can with the OC or SoU?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Legacy_Lightfoot8

HotU in the toolset
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 11:51:47 pm »

Well for one they mad it so you can not open the module unless you have compleated that chapter.  

There is still a simple way around this.  Open your nwm folder and find the file you want to open.  Make a copy of the file and rename it with a .mod extention. Then place your new copy into the module folder.

Legacy_HipMaestro

HotU in the toolset
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 12:33:36 am »

In the nwnplayer.ini, make sure you have these 3 lines under Game Options to gain access to all chapters of the OC, SoU & HotU:

CODEWORD=hacktastic
CODEWORD XP1=ffrodriguez
CODEWORD XP2=barkeater

All you need to do to open them in the toolset is start the module and quicksave.  Then each will open under "Campaign modules"  You do not need to complete each module.

Legacy_Lightfoot8

HotU in the toolset
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 01:24:18 am »

HipMaestro wrote...

In the nwnplayer.ini, make sure you have these 3 lines under Game Options to gain access to all chapters of the OC, SoU & HotU:

CODEWORD=hacktastic
CODEWORD XP1=ffrodriguez
CODEWORD XP2=barkeater

All you need to do to open them in the toolset is start the module and quicksave.  Then each will open under "Campaign modules"  You do not need to complete each module.

Hmm,  Well I guess we are in the spoilers section.  'Posted

Legacy_Gregor Wyrmbane

HotU in the toolset
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 03:04:32 am »

Thanks to you both for your help.

For some reason, my nwnplayer.ini had "ffrodriquez" listed as the code word for both expansions. Not sure how that happened, but as soon as I changed the XP2 codeword to "barkeater" all three chapters opened up for gameplay, and all three appeared under the campaign section of the modules available in the toolset.

Also, I tried the option Lightfoot8 gave me, and it allowed all three chapters of HotU to be opened in the toolset under the normal modules section.

So, both worked for opening HotU in the toolset, but only the codeword change worked for opening up the last two chapters for gameplay.

And now I have the res ref for the puzzle ring, which is what I was trying to find in the first place.

Thanks again.