Author Topic: First Time Completing the Beholder's Dungeon - Complaints and Criticisms  (Read 2792 times)

Legacy_BelgarathMTH

First Time Completing the Beholder's Dungeon - Complaints and Criticisms
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 12:00:51 am »

Thanks, Shadow. Most people seem to be saying that you need summonses to defeat the beholder mod legitimately (no reloads). What should a fighter, barbarian, or paladin do? I guess my bard was supposed forgo song, stay invisible, and use the henchies and some kind of summon scroll.

BTW, what's HIPS?

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 12:36:52 am »

HIPS - Hide In Plain Sight, an imbalanced ability of Shadow Dancer.

Well melee types have it really hard. I would try to get improved invisibility from my henchman (50% of miss for those rays), get my saves high by some magic item like amulet or ring (fortitude), get invisibility potion (if not true seeing) and then try to kill one before that he does do same to me. + I would try to fight only one at the time, beholders are mostly in such close tunnels, so if they wander they can come in the place that others can't help. That's the chance, some onhit (stun/confuse/daze) on weapon is good too.

If this wouldn't be possible I would try ranged/throwing weapon. They will try to use they rays, so they shouldn't come to you behind the corner.

Another tactic for wizard would be to use aoe (death) spell from corner so they won't be able to target you, but your spell will be able to damage/kill them.

Modifié par ShaDoOoW, 21 novembre 2010 - 12:38 .

Legacy_Westan Willows

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 08:22:19 am »

BelgarathMTH wrote...

Wow, I didn't realize it would free the slaves to kill the elder brain. I thought they were permanently psionically lobotomized. That'll change my thinking process the next time I play through the illithid mod.

This time through, I had been forced to kill most of them anyway when I attacked the compound.

If I did free them next time, I assume that means that illithids would appear during the battle for the Seer's rebel camp. That creates a very interesting moral conundrum for me, since I don't think the drow rebels would have any defense against psionic domination.

You need to kill the salve master in the slave pens to fre them. Every slave that excapes gets you XP.

The rebels moy have a problem but YOU have a helmet. So kill them.'Posted

Legacy_Habelo

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 06:52:09 pm »

I had no problem at all with it. I just mindlessly hacked and slashed everything i saw. I am a cleric though ;D

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 05:06:31 am »

NVM.  I found what I was looking  for here. like ShaDoOoW suggested.

Modifié par HipMaestro, 23 novembre 2010 - 05:16 .