Author Topic: Everybody is "invisible/phased out"  (Read 1378 times)

Legacy_Zesvotzashne

Everybody is "invisible/phased out"
« on: September 22, 2010, 10:21:02 pm »

I can't even buff my own henchman they are like "phased out" in this constant state of invisibility.

Even all of the NPCs have this same issue, I cannot see anyone until I get REALLY close.

See Invisibility spell does nothing. I'm not blinded either.

Resting doe not remove the effect, nor does un-equpping/re-equpping my gear.

Legacy_Zesvotzashne

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 10:23:14 pm »

Oh yeah and this is immediately after giving the Seer the mirror, after I leave the temple everything is phased again.

Legacy_jmlzemaggo

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 11:38:34 pm »

Never seen anything like that affecting all the NPCs. Try quiting the game and reload, as always. It sounds like a computer problem but I'm no PC man.

Try changing the graphic options in between while waiting for some true NWN wizard.

Try playing with no override folder, but don't trash it!!! Just move it out of your NWN directory.

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 03:32:15 am »

Â Things to try (if you haven't already):

Start a new HotU game.  If the problem continues...
Start a new OC game.  If the problem continues...
Suspect your video card/driver.  Some remedies that may help depending on your OS/hardware config are: disabling shiny water and/or disabling the sound (not just turning off the volume, rather resetting the ini)

If either a new HotU or OC game performs properly, your current game (i.e. save file) has possibly gotten corrupted somehow. I've already experienced periodic graphic gliches like "wild" colored shadows that seemed to get corrected just with a reload action, like jml suggested.

You may need to post a new topic in the tech forum if this is a general problem that is happening on your machine. In that forum, the community may be better able to diagnose a possible cause or at least help to narrow down the possibilities.

In any event, keep us posted to measures you have taken which DID NOT help.

Legacy_kittycatArcane

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 09:20:19 am »

Did you get hit with a hostile Darkness spell whilst having the Ultravision spell on? I find that sometimes if that happens, and then the Ultravision wears off later, it has that bug.  If so, either keep Ultravision on or just save-reload.  (In multiplayer I just log out and back in)

Legacy_Mudeye

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 10:38:27 pm »

There is a bug like this in NWN2 where you enter an area and none of the figures are displayed.  They are there but they don't show up on the screen.  I even had to do a boss battle that way to continue the game.

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 02:52:56 am »

After thinking about this longer, I can recall an area in the OC where, if I either set up traps nearby or entered while invisible, once the enemies spawned per a trigger zone, they would all be invisible and stay that way no matter how close proximity was.  All I could do was let my hench do battle while I kept healing it.  Somehow the hench AI could target where my PC couldn't.  As many times as I reloaded, the exact thing would happen and in all future games. Still today, I have no idea what caused it unless some script isn't firing right or a variable isn't setting properly.  And that's the only place in any of the campaigns that ever did that.

Probably not related to the OP's specific problem, but an image-rendering burp nonetheless.

Modifié par HipMaestro, 24 septembre 2010 - 01:55 .

Legacy_kalbaern

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 07:42:58 pm »

If you've access to Ultravision via spell or scroll or potion, try using that on your PC. It sounds like you've either a darkness or ultravision bug that got saved.